Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation date changed on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now just WAIT a cotton-pickin' MINUTE, Tesla.

I just went to My Tesla, saw the pretty new Model 3 photo, but THEN saw the text under the picture (see screen grab below).

Since WHEN did you start making up this story about me placing the Model 3 order on 4/1/2016? I damn well placed the order, sight unseen, online within about 30 seconds of the order button appearing live on the Tesla site during the evening of 3/31/2017, around 8pm to my recollection, before Elon even took to the stage and unveiled the Model 3.

How many people are sneaking in front of me because of this!?

mod3wtf.jpg

EDIT: I am now made aware of this topic here that already talks about this widespread known issue.
Reservation date changed on My Tesla

Somehow it feels better knowing lots of people are being screwed, not just me :)

Last edited:
I just called Tesla Customer Service and they looked up my account and she says it shows 03/31 reservation date even though on-line it shows 04/01. The agent said that they are having some bugs being worked out on the website and not to take it too seriously right now. If after the storm passes in a couple of days and the site still shows 04/01, to call them back.
Best post I've read so far. Seems this is the case for many of us so will just have to see what shows up in a couple days. Does seem strange that My Tesla page has show the correct day for over a year and now switched to a day later for so many.

Best post I've read so far. Seems this is the case for many of us so will just have to see what shows up in a couple days. Does seem strange that My Tesla page has show the correct day for over a year and now switched to a day later for so many.

This is the best post:

Mine was in store and I'm still seeing 3/31. I suspect it's simply showing UTC time.

It was already 4/1 UTC several hours before the event started (same with online orders).

• Funny
Reactions: geoffreak
There was a leap of faith to deposit in store before the reveal. I always thought the people that ordered online after the reveal stream weren't quite as "faithful".

Some of us ordered before the reveal online. Where's that faithful love?
:):p

From the reddit thread.

"Mine was in store at 4:30pm PST on 3/31. Now shows 4/1 too"

That's 0030 UTC.

That person probably thought they ordered at a store. Or. They were in the store but ordered from their phone.

:confused:;)