TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Reservation Numbers: How to read where you are in the queue.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Vince Cobelo, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Vince Cobelo

Vince Cobelo Member

Any ideal how to decipher these numbers?

2. forumman83

forumman83 Member

was wondering the same thing.

3. jonnyg

jonnyg Member

Tesla itself probably doesn't know how to decipher them yet, as in where you are in the big queue. They know where you live, when/where you reserved, if you're an owner, if you're a Tesla employee, etc. They will figure out the queue order later. Reservation number could just be random.

• Like x 2
  4. ELRev

ELRev Member

Firstly, for your safety and the safety of your order, do not share your reservation number. As a group, from discussions yesterday, we're generally unsure that the RNs have any elements to them that suggest order. They seem to have been randomly generated and like exist in a queue separately on Tesla's backend.

5. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

My reservation number is RN00000001. Does that say that I will receive my before Elon?

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. xmetal

xmetal Member

I don't think they have any real meaning. I reserved two, in the same order, and my numbers have nothing to do with each other, beyond starting with the same 3 digits. I think they are randomly generated and attached to other metadata in their systems that only they know.

7. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

Wait a minute, I have the same number!!! Elon has some explanin' to do.

• Funny x 2
  8. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Reservation numbers have always been very random, and have nothing to do with sequence. They are used in communicating with Tesla about your reservation. They are different than reservation sequence numbers, which I don't expect them to have at all for the Model 3 (in the old days they would appear as two separate numbers).

9. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

No, but it does mean that you will be getting the second car, cause my reservation number is RN000000000.

:p

RT

• Like x 1
  10. AG6

AG6 Member

Did you get that number from Tesla store?

11. McHoffa

McHoffa Member

If I could even get to mytesla to see mine that would be nice

• Helpful x 1
  12. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

My 2012 Sig had RN 5,xxx SN was 1xxx while VIN was 7xx

13. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Active Member

Nice. You got me.

Actually I was the 2nd person in line at the Chicago Grand Avenue reservations. I got there at 4AM.

Anyone else out there that stood in line at the Chicago Grand Avenue location?

14. JuliaM

JuliaM Member

I got to the Grand Avenue location around 7 AM (was around the 12th or 13th person in line). My RN starts with RN1077.

15. tga

tga Active Member

For what it's worth, I put in 2 simultaneous reservations yesterday, and got RN1075XXXXX and RN1074XXXXX (differ by over 70,000) - I doubt you can read anything into what appear to be random numbers.

16. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

RN numbers mean nothing. Tesla will not be generating sequence numbers because of the difficulty of managing the geographic roll-out process. Your reservation has a timestamp, and that's what is used in conjunction with your geography for determining when you'll be asked to configure.

Tesla has never produced vehicles in reservation or even sequence number order.

When it comes time to configure, they'll segment first by geography, then pick a timestamp that represents a certain number of orders. They'll invite everyone within that window to configure and confirm. 7 days after confirmation, your order becomes locked in and is submitted for production scheduling to the factory.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  17. corpomonkey

corpomonkey New Member

I stopped by sometime between 11:50 and 12pm yesterday at the Grand Ave location and my RN starts with RN1080. There were 3 people in line ahead of me, only waited about 5 mins.

18. AlexT

AlexT Member

Reservation numbers look like a combination of area + store number + priority + 11-check to me... but I'm no expert.

19. Douglas Sims

Douglas Sims New Member

I made a reservation yesterday at the store in Nashville, but I haven't received a confirmation email or anything yet. Where do you find the reservation number?

20. CT200h

CT200h Member

How does Tesla know if you reserved online or at the store? seems like it was the same portal.