Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation tracker for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
I know we've used threads, wikis, spreadsheets, and other mechanisms to track reservations for S and X.

Should we bribe Hank to create a page for Model 3? If so, perhaps we might want to help him design it before the end of March.

Perhaps I should have a said "Reservation and Delivery" tracker. As an example, being able to track "cars with XYZ feature tend to be delivered a month before cars without it" would be handy (similar to how we can analyze firmware and CPO patterns).

Why before the end of March? I'm not seeing what kind of data you're trying to track that will be meaningful before options and features are selected when production starts.

At first I guess he want to record where and when you did reserve the TM3 and where you live, then later when you got the design studio opened, then what option you select, when you finelized the order, when you got your VIN number, when the page tells you they started manufacturing your car, when it was done in the factory, when the car is on it's way to you - the customer, and finely when the car is ready to be delivered, and when it is delivered.

Then we later can see "Customers living in CA who ordered with option X got their car X weeks before a customer living in NY with the same option. But the NY customer got their car before a CA customer without option X".

This sounds very systematic. Good idea.

At first I guess he want to record where and when you did reserve the TM3 and where you live, then later when you got the design studio opened, then what option you select, when you finelized the order, when you got your VIN number, when the page tells you they started manufacturing your car, when it was done in the factory, when the car is on it's way to you - the customer, and finely when the car is ready to be delivered, and when it is delivered.

Then we later can see "Customers living in CA who ordered with option X got their car X weeks before a customer living in NY with the same option. But the NY customer got their car before a CA customer without option X".

This is fantastic, thanks for putting this together Paul.
Thanks. There are a few volunteers helping with this and the X Tracker too, so a BIG thanks for them over the past few days to help prepare for the launch and the move of the X Tracker to new more powerful servers. Both sites are now more centrally located in Canada too, so that should help with lag times.

Question for you all interested in the data. Since the final configuration might not be known, what metrics contributors could supply when recording their reservation record (assuming we can't surmise them easily based on the unveiling event)?

I was thinking of a few basic high level ones:
Drive Train: Standard or Performance
Options: Base or Full
Supercharging