Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reset Learned Tire Values

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Tesla Service Mode under the Chassis tab, there is a link for Alignment and Tires, then a link for “Reset Learned Tire Values”.

Does anyone know what the ”Reset Learned Tire Values” does? My assumption is it deletes the current TPMS data so the car can re-learn the TPMS‘s which would come in handy when you move tires around or add new wheels.

Thanks

Wondering the same, since my TPMS isn't reporting tires in the correct location anymore.
My only concern with this - is you wouldn't expect customers popping into the service mode - so I'm a little concerned about what this button actually does.
You'd think a TPMS reset/learn is something that a tire shop or customer would be able to access from the normal Service menu.

I remember being able to reset the TPMS alert threshold on my Model 3 back in 2019 with a button that sounded similar to that. It allowed the car to learn a new tire pressure after accepting a warning, so I wouldn't get the TPMS alert for lower pressures. The car learned from where I had them set at the time, if I remember right.

Doesn't seem like that's an option anymore using the regular menus. I wonder if that's what this is for?

Bump! Does anybody know what this button does?
At the Tesla Service Center now and the tech just clicked the service tire button for me.... so we'll see if that's the fix. I was a little peeved because I wanted the 6000 mile idiot light. But I guess in my case, since the wheels have been randomly rotated over the last 4 service appointments - it wasn't accurate to begin with... sigh.

I've read through this discussion but can't tell whether this function in Service Mode will force the TPMS sensors to re-connect, and therefore hopefully fix an incorrect placement (where the front and rear tires are swapped on the display). Any conclusion?