Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reset Second Row Seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info, the alert only comes on the screen when shifting into gear, D or R. I also noticed it showed when making a sharp left or right turn. But there is no continuous chiming, and removing the child seat does not have an effect. The alert clears after the vehicle has been turned off and parked for a while on its own... I have emailed tech support videos and pictures with a description and time stamps so they might look at the logs. The only mechanical thing I noticed was a bit off was the cover plate that glides behind the monopost springs forward suddenly when I move the seat using the easy access button, causing a single thump. The other seat does not do that.

My sticky seat is the driver's side middle row, but I've also noticed the same thump as the cover plate moves back and forth (also sticky, I guess). Two sticky seats on different sides, but similar thumping. I wonder if it could be a sign? Also similarly, the unaffected seat never has the slide cover thump, and has worked fine.

I always thought it was a seat sensor, since jiggling or removing the car seat seems to fix it, at least in my case.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got this! I received my car on Friday and this popped up on Sunday. Called tech support and they told me to power off the car and wait a few (3-4) minutes before turing it back on by pressing the brake. Unfortunately, I'm no where near my car at the moment and can't do this until tomorrow night. I'll update to see if that worked...

Hi all, I had posted about my problems with the 2nd row not latching. I tried all the reset suggestions here and nothing worked. Took it to the SC yesterday, and they emailed this AM to say they found and resolved the issue. In my case, it was caused by loose wiring that was under the carpet. Problem resolved, I can get my car back!

Happy Friday!

Just want to let you all know that I had the same problem within hours of delivery and I found this thread and used the power down approach. Afterward, the warning went away and have not been back for 2 days. (finger crossed)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got this! I received my car on Friday and this popped up on Sunday. Called tech support and they told me to power off the car and wait a few (3-4) minutes before turing it back on by pressing the brake. Unfortunately, I'm no where near my car at the moment and can't do this until tomorrow night. I'll update to see if that worked...
Update: new system update rebooted my X and that took care of it! So cool to treat your car like a computer!

I am having this same issue on one seat 5 days after delivery. I have let it sit for a few hours, tried doing the reset of moving it forward holding the button then back and hold, shutdown, etc. Nothing seems to work. Spoke with tech support twice who had me do similar steps but nothing resolved it. I will let it charge/sit overnight but it will most likely be heading into SC.

Reporting back in case others run into this issue. Interestingly after letting it sit an entire night the alert did eventually clear as others have experienced. It was short-lived though and came back within 24 hours. SC recalibrated the seats and upgraded the software from 7.1 (2.24.102) to 7.1 (2.26.150). So far so good.