Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reveal your VIN before it appears on your account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Date: May 4th
Model Ordered: M3 SR+ BLK/BLK/18"
Tesla Account VIN?: No
Tesla Account VIN date:
Source Code VIN?: KF395XXX (Mask the last 3 digits)
Source Code VIN date: May 17th (First time to check)
Source Code VIN matches the final VIN?:
Delivery date: June 7

I ordered a M3 SR+ on May 18th, there’s no VIN in the source code, no “finding a match for you”. Is it too soon for me, or am I doing this wrong?

What color did you order? From my readings, some combination of color will either extend the waiting period for very long, or get you there very quick. Blk/Blk/18 seems to be more predictable. I ordered Blk/Blk/18 on 16th and was able to “reveal” the VIN on 26th for the first time I tried the “source code” method.

What color did you order? From my readings, some combination of color will either extend the waiting period for very long, or get you there very quick. Blk/Blk/18 seems to be more predictable. I ordered Blk/Blk/18 on 16th and was able to “reveal” the VIN on 26th for the first time I tried the “source code

Mine is Blu/Blk/18, other than it’s blue, it’s as basic as possible.

What's the deal with 'tesla account VIN'; I always thought it would show up on the webpage but for me it only shows up in source code AND in my MVPA.

Order Date: May 1st
Model Ordered: M3 SR+ MSM/BLK/18"+FSD
Tesla Account VIN?: yes (MVPA only.. not shown on web page)
Tesla Account VIN date: May 24 when MVPA uploaded.
Source Code VIN?: 344XXX
Source Code VIN date: May 24th.. never checked before that.
Delivery date: June 4 (showed up May 6)

What's the deal with 'tesla account VIN'; I always thought it would show up on the webpage but for me it only shows up in source code AND in my MVPA.

Order Date: May 1st
Model Ordered: M3 SR+ MSM/BLK/18"+FSD
Tesla Account VIN?: yes (MVPA only.. not shown on web page)
Tesla Account VIN date: May 24 when MVPA uploaded.
Source Code VIN?: 344XXX
Source Code VIN date: May 24th.. never checked before that.
Delivery date: June 4 (showed up May 6)

I was just trying to find out if that VIN in the source code is a place holder or the real thing. As I mentioned before, to BC residents, early access to the VIN number means higher possibility to get the incentives from BC government.

i'm specifically wondering if it's supposed to show up ON the webpage. because it's not on mine.
actpage.jpg

How are you guys getting to the Next Steps / Completed Tasks page I see in BEPA's screenshot above? Do I need the "Trade-in" box checked off as completed? Is there some sort of a "next" button that appears once that task is completed?

upload_2019-5-28_10-34-33.png

How are you guys getting to the Next Steps / Completed Tasks page I see in BEPA's screenshot above? Do I need the "Trade-in" box checked off as completed? Is there some sort of a "next" button that appears once that task is completed?

View attachment 412927

As above said, you have to either accept the trade-in offer or decline it. In the above two and myself, three of us all declined the trade in offer. I guess Tesla don’t really want our car and hence gave me a 20% lower offer than the other dealer for the same car.

I placed my order last week but left the insurance part blank since there was no VIN. But this was probably a mistake. Today I added an image of my current auto policy as a placeholder, and now the overview page shows "Next Steps" which it didn't before. I also got another email right away "Let’s Complete Your Order".

As above said, you have to either accept the trade-in offer or decline it. In the above two and myself, three of us all declined the trade in offer. I guess Tesla don’t really want our car and hence gave me a 20% lower offer than the other dealer for the same car.

I don't see a spot to "accept" or "decline". My advisor said don't worry about it for now, so maybe once the VIN appears that button will as well? I'm, guessing they are waiting to confirm the payoff amount, and will only do that later in the process given the paperwork backlog.

The offer is at the mid-low range of Black Book trade-in value, but, with the 13% tax savings, I'd rather not go through the hassle of trying to sell privately.

Trade in.png

I was just trying to find out if that VIN in the source code is a place holder or the real thing. As I mentioned before, to BC residents, early access to the VIN number means higher possibility to get the incentives from BC government.
I don't think it was a placeholder. Prior to my delivery date getting deferred from May 25 to June 7 the VIN was showing up on my account page. Then it disappeared when the delivery date changed, and it went missing from the page source code as well. Now the same VIN has come back into the page source code and I don't expect it will be on my account page or MVPA till one week before June 7. My point is the VIN didn't change so unless the first one was a placeholder, I'm assuming it's the real thing.