Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reveling M3P Awesomeness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes because obviously no one had real problems to complain about.

All car forums are like this. Yes, there's always something to complain about with any car but some people have the talent of being able to take the smallest inconvenience or preference that's not being met and turning it into a never-ending complaint thread that's 10 pages long. Sometimes they don't even own the car. More often, they do but they really couldn't afford it, now they regret being saddled with payments due to a spontaneous decision to buy. Being saddled with payments they didn't want, they nit-pick their purchase apart to divert attention from the real problem, their own unhappiness in life. Always trying to find a reason why it's someone else's fault they are not happy.

Nobody said the Model 3 is perfect, but you don't need much talent or intelligence to find something to complain endlessly about any car ever produced. Yes, even a Model 3 is not immune.

• Love
Reactions: UngaBunga1989
All car forums are like this. Yes, there's always something to complain about with any car but some people have the talent of being able to take the smallest inconvenience or preference that's not being met and turning it into a never-ending complaint thread that's 10 pages long. Sometimes they don't even own the car. More often, they do but they really couldn't afford it, now they regret being saddled with payments due to a spontaneous decision to buy. Being saddled with payments they didn't want, they nit-pick their purchase apart to divert attention from the real problem, their own unhappiness in life. Always trying to find a reason why it's someone else's fault they are not happy.

Nobody said the Model 3 is perfect, but you don't need much talent or intelligence to find something to complain endlessly about any car ever produced. Yes, even a Model 3 is not immune.

Wow.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Since this is a nice feel good thread, here is my recent feel good story about my model 3 Performance.

I have taken many co workers for a ride around the block, which they always come back wide eyed from, with a "WOW... I had no idea..." while we both have grins on our faces from me "giving it the goods" on the ride around the block.

As my avatar says, I am coming from BMW. I also just got a very nice X3 M40 for my wife. I have a BMW service advisor who has serviced my new BMWs on their yearly checkups and little issues for about 7 years now. He and I have become friends, and he treats me right. Hes a "car guy" not just a BMW guy.... but he does have an E90 M3 with about 25k in aftermarket PARTS (remember his labor is basically free, as he just gets his bmw mechanic friends to help him install the stuff over pizza and stuff) in.

His M3 (a real M3) puts down 670 HP. He also has an i3 for commuting, so he is familiar with electric cars. The lease on that thing is basically free for him.

Anyway, I was gushing about my new tesla while there with my wifes X3. I told him "let me take you for a ride in it". He said " sure!" and we arranged it for the next day. I stopped by, picked him up, and we went for a "ride around the block". He was AMAZED... and remember this is someone who has a heavily modded BMW M3. He said " Wow, I cant believe you can put down that much power, so effortlessly!" He loved the sound system. Was amused at the cabin and the starkness of it, but said it had a kind of charm. We both agreed that BMW build quality is better, although there is nothing wrong with my car.

When we got back, he had a twinkle in his eye that told me everything I needed to know. He was impressed, and said as much, a couple different times. He said "this thing is siiiiccckkkkk!!!"

Thats how I feel about it too. I love this car, more than I did when I got it, now that I have my little personal touches on it.

I love how it drives, love how they update it, love how I can start the climate control from the App, Love how the app shows the doors opening and closing... did I mention I love how it drives? (lol).

I believe this is currently the best commuting car in the world, bar none. It isnt even close. For road trips, etc. Debatable. For commuting and driving where most people drive (within 150 miles of home) absolutely the best car currently on the planet.

“I bought a hammer and am terribly unhappy with it.”

“Why?”

“It does an awful job of cutting my steak.”

“I see.”

“I bought a Tesla Model 3 and I am terribly unhappy with it.”

“Why?”

“It doesn’t get 310 miles of range when I flog it in 20 degree wether with the heat on.”

or,

“There are four dust particles in my paint.”

or,

“It’s a real bummer to have to stop and charge it on long road trips.”

or,

“The interior is too cheap looking and minimalist.”

or,

“I intended to do all of my charging at Super Chargers and it’s a PITA and just got more expensive.”

Me: “So you did zero research before making your purchase and you are blaming the product for what it is supposed to (or know to) be rather than yourself for your lack of diligence.”

Really, that is a lot of what goes on here. Folks buy a performance car (M3P) and then rant about needing winter tires even though the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires are clearly spec’d. They are the same folks who if Tesla had spec’d All-Season or low rolling resistance tires on the M3P would complain about Tesla “cheaping out on the tires.”

Meanwhile the team at Tesla have built a car that is so frickin’ fun to drive it should be in an amusement park and a bunch of people hugely fortunate enough to go on the ride are complaining about the wind messing up their hair on the rollercoaster.

Rant over, resume M3P raves!

Today is the 1 month anniversary of owning my M3P and my love of this car has only grown. Thought that I should post about just how wonderful my car has been as sadly, the vast majority of posts on any forum inevitably deal with “issues” (real or feared).

The car is wickedly fast, handles beautifully has a very usable range and is built solidly with none of the panel gaps, paint issues, quality concerns that by spending time here one might assume were rampant.

Have I had a few quirky “Tesla Moments?” Yup. But as someone who was a sports car enthusiast back to the mid 1980’s, I actually find those things charming. The homogenized “perfection” that has become expected of our autos to me holds no charm.

For those of you on the fence about buying this car, I wholeheartedly and enthusiastically say “go for it!”
Thanks for starting this thread. I’ve had my Model 3 for almost a year and it’s been awesome! Yes, it’s an early VIN, #5977, but the build quality is excellent. I don’t doubt there have been issues, but social media sure seems to distort the facts. Granted, I missed out on the more comfortable rear seats and maybe some other refinements they’ve made over the last year, but I’ve had the pleasure and pure joy of driving the car all this time. It’s simply an amazing car.

To be fair, very few if any owners say the car is the problem, nor the service, but all the other stuff, which has to be frustrating.

Otoh, Everything about my experience has been great. Love this car every day. Driving now more than ever. And yes, everyone that rides in my low rent MR is completely amazed.

Knock on my wood dash panel. :)

Reactions: StealthP3D
I had my m3 for about 5 months, i love driving it every single day. Its at times my happiest moments going to work and coming back. Car does everything i expected and a lot more, often with updates. there are less good feel threads because those who love it, spend more time with their car driving it rather than here posting.

Did i pay more for the car than i wanted, sure. but do i have buyers remorse? Hell no.
Did i drive performance before AWD? no, did i drive it after? yes. zero regrets as speed was not what i was going after
Do many my coworkers want a ride in my car? Hell yeah
Do many of them after want to buy it? you bet!

Drive it, love it, enjoy it!

After losing our 2016 Model S 75D (uncorked) to an accident, my wife was an angel and allowed us me to replace it with the Model 3 Performance. I remember the first moment of hopping into the M3P, tapping the pedal to reverse, and having to take it easy. Fast forward to 2 weeks after fixing a couple manufacturing defects, which Tesla quickly took care of, I am absolutely in love with this vehicle (it might end up being a diagnosable issue). And I can now officially say that I enjoy driving it more than my former dream car (RIP): the Model S.

Cheers for a plethora of more positive postings...

We need some complaining to balance out the Tesla does no wrong crowd.

I don't think I've ever heard a single person say that Tesla does no wrong (or even imply that). The idea that people believe Tesla does no wrong is a manufactured fantasy that attempts to counter any rebuttal to anyone trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. And it's not truthful or effective to anyone with half an ounce of critical thinking ability.

The fact is that Tesla makes cars that continually push the limits of what is possible in the automotive world. The have BMW, VW and even Ford and GMC running scared as they show the world what a car can be. Sure, there will always be a few very vocal people harping on any inconsistancy and trying to make you believe that it's extremely important for any quality car to have panel gap irregularity measured to the nearest 1/1000th of an inch and that any irregularity is a sign that the car will fall apart and self destruct in short order. In actuality, most Tesla have a little panel gap variation but it is unlikely to ever be noticed by anyone of importance and even more unlikely to ever matter in any real world situation.