Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of 057 Technology Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to give a shout out to 057 Technology. @wk057

I’m on the east coast so was jealous of the options Californians had for non-Tesla repair shops. In the spring, instead of selling my car, I bought 057 Technology’s battery warranty for my out-of-warranty 2013 P85. Well, about a month ago I needed to make use of that warranty.

Jason, the owner, has been amazing to work with. He and his team have gone above and beyond in every possible way. The were super communicative and fixed everything they could find, even things that hadn’t failed yet but weren’t in great shape.

I’d highly recommend them and am so grateful to have them as a resource (and to still be under warranty with them for a couple of more years!).

If this sounds over the top, sorry. I’m just really excited for how awesome they’ve been and I want everyone to know about them. And, I’m excited to have my car back with all of the work they’ve done. Feels like I have a fully refurbished battery and components. Incredible.

I'm glad the warranty worked out for, and that you are sharing with other people. I think @wk057 is doing a great service to the community by providing reasonable warranty/repair options.

The were super communicative and fixed everything they could find, even things that hadn’t failed yet but weren’t in great shape.
I'm curious what things, other than your failed HV battery, that they fixed for you.

All of us with antique cars will need a good reliable shop. Tesla doesn't give a twit about us.
Example. I got "refurbished pack"", asked about warranty? Zero. Pack warranty plan up in a month, so is warranty on this refurbished pack.
So, we really need shops to to step up for our business. Very happy 057 has.

Was a game changer for me in terms of keeping the car outside of warranty.

They didn’t do a replacement, they repaired the original problem plus other things that were out of spec or prone to fail (even things that were not warranty items or not yet a warranty claim). My only costs were the warranty (which is still in effect) and the shipping costs.

All of us with antique cars will need a good reliable shop. Tesla doesn't give a twit about us.
Example. I got "refurbished pack"", asked about warranty? Zero. Pack warranty plan up in a month, so is warranty on this refurbished pack.
So, we really need shops to to step up for our business. Very happy 057 has.
Maybe I’m mistaken but it seems crazy that they don’t have any warranty on a refurbished pack. It will be interesting to see the failure rate on the refurbished packs compared to the original A and B packs.

Maybe I’m mistaken but it seems crazy that they don’t have any warranty on a refurbished pack. It will be interesting to see the failure rate on the refurbished packs compared to the original A and B packs.
Refurbished packs from Tesla are warrantied. If it is put in as part of your factory warranty it inherits the remaining factory warranty. If you purchase the pack out of warranty it comes with a 4 year/50k mile warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
I can’t get a response from 057. Anyone know if they are still in business?
There’s been a lot of questions and activity on this topic the past few weeks.

Few clear answers from what I can tell.

I can’t get a response from 057. Anyone know if they are still in business?
Since I provided the initial review, I feel like I should respond.

In short, no one really knows what’s going on and the owner says he can’t talk about it currently.

There are some other some threads about this with more details. Lots of speculation with no real answers.

He posted just a few days ago (last link), and said it wasn’t a “personal post,” on one of the other threads so is active.

He also said in one of his other posts he’s not able to share information yet and will once he can.

Since I provided the initial review, I feel like I should respond.

In short, no one really knows what’s going on and the owner says he can’t talk about it currently.

There are some other some threads about this with more details. Lots of speculation with no real answers.

He posted just a few days ago (last link), and said it wasn’t a “personal post,” on one of the other threads so is active.

He also said in one of his other posts he’s not able to share information yet and will once he can.

I will say there is absolutely no legal proof the company has been sold, we all are good will guessing based on a single post from an account that has been closed since (can be real, can be a whistle blower, who knows what ...), shop has been closed, posts saying "not involved as much", "cannot say" but never confirmed, denied, nor corrected the post about the company has been sold, lack of responses from the company and mostly because of Jason's good reputations on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjvan
It's interesting that the 057 Website is still up, with Jason Hughes personally Twitter Links all over it etc.
Jason has been active on Twitter/X over the last 2-3 months, but almost purely in a Bitcoin related sense/interest.
It seems all his time/efforts have swung behind this new endeavour.

Surely with the near passing of 6 months or so, the community here deserves some sort of explanation about 057 Tech and what actually has occurred.