Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD model 3 in Melbourne 28-07-2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for clarifying. It increases by $5,730 for NSW.

Yeah, I rounded off rather than being precise about the exact increase. To put it in straightforward terms, I'm less interested in the manufacturer's pricing for the car/feature set than I am in how much I'll be paying for it all once the various statutory charges are taken into consideration. I look at it from the point of view that if I'm paying extra for a particular colour, that colour needs to sing to me in ways that justify that extra cost. The Tesla red is a lovely colour, I'll never deny it... but it's not so much nicer than the white that I'm willing to pay an extra $4000 (approximately) for it. Maybe an extra $500-1000 driveaway, but not $4000.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not going to judge anybody for having a different view; if you're buying it, you need to make that decision based upon your needs and wants. Which are not my needs or wants. It's a big purchase to be making in anybody's language.