Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD VIN assignment and delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea why they're delaying?
No idea, but it seems for UK cars are produced in early November so I guess it is too late to build considering the long shipping time. For Japan it should have been enough time for 4Q delivery, but here they need to add an additional camera and a monitor for Japan specific regulations and it might take too much time. In either case Tesla should have started production for RHD markets in October, but it was impossible due to AP2 etc. Sad to hear they produced so many X for UK Japan etc but most(?) of them will be delivered in 1Q.

Really?? My vin 30007 is not due for production till 26/12, reserved JAN 2015, ordered June 2016.
A few tesla employees tild me a while back, not to expect a delivery in the UK until January

After speaking with my DS, it seems there was a problem with the website upgrade so it was displaying the wrong status. Sadly my order is just in the production queue and eta is around Feb/Mar. Patience is a virtue and at least the car will have a '17 plate

After speaking with my DS, it seems there was a problem with the website upgrade so it was displaying the wrong status. Sadly my order is just in the production queue and eta is around Feb/Mar. Patience is a virtue and at least the car will have a '17 plate
Hi Lingster... wondered if you were happy to share your VIN number so we can get a sense of what's where in the UK RHD production queue. I think I'm in a similar boat to you (VIN ...0339xx) - getting worried about taking delivery before the new higher VED comes into force.

My Vin is 032xxx, went into production about 2 weeks ago and says in production. Am not too worried though, since the first RHD Xs have now been delivered in the UK am sure Tesla will be pushing to get the Q1 2017 figures up by getting RHD cars delivered ASAP.

Spot on cookielovers ,Model x deliveries have definitely started in the U.K. , the very first car was delivered on the 23rd out of the Manchester branch. I dropped into Manchester branch yesterday and the guy was telling me that due to an unexpected administration delay at Gatwick which was scheduled to deliver the first MX Manchester managed to pip them to it !

Hey KT,
What was your reservation number? Mine was 48 before I swapped to sig.
They are supposed to be here tomorrow, time to harass Owen!

Happy new year all RHD X'ers!
Mine was 10 OzSimon.
There's not much point hassling out Owen. It doesn't matter if all our cars are physically ready to go - notwithstanding mine has to catch a train Perth on top of being prepped in Melbourne. The Model X still hasn't officially been confirmed as passing our ADRs (Homologation).
The most he'd be able to say is that provided homologation happens by the middle of this month, deliveries will start at the middle of this month.

I'm sure lots of us are hitting Certification Unit Search every day to see when the paperwork finally goes through.

Mine was 10 OzSimon.
There's not much point hassling out Owen. It doesn't matter if all our cars are physically ready to go - notwithstanding mine has to catch a train Perth on top of being prepped in Melbourne. The Model X still hasn't officially been confirmed as passing our ADRs (Homologation).
The most he'd be able to say is that provided homologation happens by the middle of this month, deliveries will start at the middle of this month.

I'm sure lots of us are hitting Certification Unit Search every day to see when the paperwork finally goes through.
Agreed Murbs,
It does not mitigate the frustration at ongoing delays, but that's life I guess...
Hey, is yours the founders? I heard that was a WA vehicle...
Thanks for the CUS link- now I will be joining you there every day!

Last edited:
Agreed Murbs,
It does not mitigate the frustration at ongoing delays, but that's life I guess...
Hey, is yours the founders? I heard that was a WA vehicle...
Thanks for the CUS link- now I will be joining you there every day!
Unfortunately not Oz.
My guess is that whoever ordered the founder's car in WA also ordered "TESLA X" custom number plates. I tried to order them but someone beat me to them :(