Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RI REF Grant? [Rhode Island Renewable Energy Fund]

Rebel

Sep 11, 2020
RI
Has anyone here from RI attempt to get Tesla to apply for the REF Grant?
I order my panels 4/8 when they announced they would force you to buy powerwall and solar panel combo so I placed an order without powerwalls.

Since the process has been taking forever I was curious about other quotes locally and see what they had to offer and as expected most where 1.5 - 2x the price.
Upon discovering some of the proposals I guess RI has a REF (Renewable Energy Fund) Grant for our state.

Here is the requirement my solar plan will have 15.3kW with 43 Panels to be installed.

Reached out to my advisor to see if we can get the grant submitted that's an additional $7k off the total cost.

Wondering if anyone has tried doing this with Tesla and state grant programs? Or anyone in RI have Tesla solar panels that can comment on there experience?

Mungfrog

Jun 16, 2021
Rhode Island
Has anyone here from RI attempt to get Tesla to apply for the REF Grant?
I order my panels 4/8 when they announced they would force you to buy powerwall and solar panel combo so I placed an order without powerwalls.

Since the process has been taking forever I was curious about other quotes locally and see what they had to offer and as expected most where 1.5 - 2x the price.
Upon discovering some of the proposals I guess RI has a REF (Renewable Energy Fund) Grant for our state.

Here is the requirement my solar plan will have 15.3kW with 43 Panels to be installed.

Reached out to my advisor to see if we can get the grant submitted that's an additional $7k off the total cost.

Wondering if anyone has tried doing this with Tesla and state grant programs? Or anyone in RI have Tesla solar panels that can comment on there experience?
Hi,
I am interested in this also . Did you get any further info from Tesla? Thanks Tom

Upvote 0

Er1c*

Jul 4, 2021
RI
The grant is really hard to get. I have installed two systems (one tesla, one not) applied both times and was denied. Apparently, your system needs to be able to guarantee a specific amount of energy for its size so it needs the perfect angle and orientation, which neither of my systems had. I did have Powerwalls installed and signed up for the connected solutions virtual power plant and receive about 4k a year in payment for that program.

Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC