Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride Height Measurements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nate704

Apr 20, 2021
Virginia
I just measured the ride height of each wheel (just for fun) from the ground to the plastic wheel trim at the center of the wheel.
Front wheels (both driver's and passenger sides) are almost identical, but the rear drivers side is taller than the passenger side by about 1/4".
It is 2022 MYP (March built), and I am just wondering if it is something that is unique to my car or others have similar differences.
Can anyone confirm?

I just measured the ride height of each wheel (just for fun) from the ground to the plastic wheel trim at the center of the wheel.
Front wheels (both driver's and passenger sides) are almost identical, but the rear drivers side is taller than the passenger side by about 1/4".
It is 2022 MYP (March built), and I am just wondering if it is something that is unique to my car or others have similar differences.
Can anyone confirm?
For measurements with 1/4” accuracy, the first step is to find a surface that is a flat plane. Driveways, the street, and many garages are not poured or paved with those tolerances. The extra 1/4” is more likely from a dip in the surface where you measured. The giveaway clue is that the one wheel is high, without a corresponding low wheel on the other side. You can try parking the car at the same spot, rotated 180 degrees (if you pulled straight in the first time, back in for the remeasure). I predict that front passenger side will be the taller measurement. If not, come look me up in California and I’ll buy you a beer!