Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I let a friend drive my car, only had it for a couple weeks probably should know better but she hit a curb in it. I am kind of bummed but she said she would get me a new rim, anyone know what one would cost? I can use this one a spare one or maybe get it fixed? It is pretty bad so not sure it can be fixed. I opened up a service request but first available appointment is not for a week or so. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
tesla wheel damage.jpg

You should really look into those wheel repair guys, especially the mobile ones. They'll come to your house and do it. All they need is some space for their jack and a power outlet. They did two of my uberturbines (worse than yours) for $220 and you can't even tell where the damage was.

Wheel repair for the win! I parked very close to a curb (to prevent door dings) and forgot when I went to leave. The rim rode up the curb and caused massive damage! repair shop fixed it for $140. I would show an after pic but there is no point as it looks new! I'm picky too...
IMG_1711.jpg

So I let a friend drive my car, only had it for a couple weeks probably should know better but she hit a curb in it. I am kind of bummed but she said she would get me a new rim, anyone know what one would cost? I can use this one a spare one or maybe get it fixed? It is pretty bad so not sure it can be fixed. I opened up a service request but first available appointment is not for a week or so. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! View attachment 811032
Plus 1 to the mobile service. I curbed my rim the first day and now I would never know I did it.
PXL_20210913_160003151.jpg
PXL_20210914_145634359.jpg