Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac Automobili Concept_One

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be this:
Applus Idiada Volar-e: an electric supercar for the European Commission!

Applus_Volar-e.png

I don't understand the inference, what might be this? The Applus Volar-e looks like a different vehicle than the Rimac Concept One.

The link Grendal provided earlier:
http://green.autoblog.com/2013/01/31/rimac-automobili-delivers-first-electric-supercar-wont-let-us/
...Rimac Automobili ... has completed its very first all-electric supercar for a paying customer. There's just one problem: we can't see it yet.
According to a Facebook update released by the company, its customer "...wished to control what will be published about the project." So, all we know for now is that it should offer similar, if not better, tire-blistering performance as the original Rimac Concept_One but will look somewhat different as it not a copy of that prototype, but rather, a separate one-off design...

Some have been guessing that the customer might be Applus.

The battery, which is made up of 10 individual cells,
Not.
The technologyicon1.png behind the Volar-e was developed by Applus Idiada in collaboration with another firm specializing in high-performance electrics, Croatia's Rimac Automobili, which recently unveiled its own 1,088-horsepower electric car.
I'd say the technology was developed by Rimac, and maybe painted by Applus :wink:

I saw some Lotus PR video a while back that said they developed the Roadster, and Tesla just provided some drivetrain components...

- - - Updated - - -

The way they did the diagonal black on white bumper treatment reminds me a bit of Ampera...
amp1.jpg

amp2.jpg

Here's some recent footage of a Rimac in drag race (kind of) with a Ferrari 458.

There are clearly some things that still need to be addressed, like grip and stability on a straight road. I thought the car had four wheel drive, but the tires are slipping and it needs the whole road (which, I admit, isn't an ideal drag strip):

Last edited by a moderator: