Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimetrix Model Y Aero Cover Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you get these so soon? Seems like these were just released today.

@chris2222 I don't think @Seminole has them yet. The picture they posted is of their own gemini covers that are powdercoated. I think they are looking at the images on the Rimetrix site like the rest of us. :)

@Seminole looking at this installation animation https://i2.wp.com/rimetrix.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Laminar-Install-480x320-1.gif?fit=480,320&ssl=1, I would actually say the Rimetrix covers have slightly *more* depth than the Gemini covers. The center cap appears more recessed relative to the rest of the cover than they do on the Tesla one. Though, it is hard to tell in a handful of photos.

EDIT: @goitsme48 sorry I didn't notice your reply before I posted mine. Sorry for the duplicate.

Reactions: chris2222
Got mine, look cool. For my wife's car , she doesn't like the aero caps..likes these better. If she's happy Im happy. Changes the look of the car too, white on black looks cool. Never got the inductions at the time for no real reason honestly. Just went with the 19s, felt they were fine.

Surprised my wife with the new rims today. They were not as crisp as I thought, but my wife loves them....mission accomplished!

Attachments

• OEM Covers.jpg
    OEM Covers.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 296
  • Rim Garage.jpg
    Rim Garage.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_3727[11199].jpg
    IMG_3727[11199].jpg
    474 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3747[11209].jpg
    IMG_3747[11209].jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3738[11210].jpg
    IMG_3738[11210].jpg
    728.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_3750[11204].jpg
    IMG_3750[11204].jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 202
I wish that Tesla would just update the gemini wheels to the anthracite/black color scheme like they've done with the MS aeros. I hate the gemini aero caps and while the wheels underneath aren't bad, I don't think the bright silver looks good with the black trim.

At this point I have to consider paying ~$600-800 to powdercoat the wheels black, $350 for rimetrix wheel covers, or plastidip. It's interesting because when Tesla updated their MS aero covers after the intro of the Plaid w/ black trim I thought they'd do the same for MY.
model-s-tempest-wheels.jpeg

Old MS tempest wheels for reference:
EZdSfzqUcAE8uxT.jpg

Reactions: cusetownusa
Thanks for the info! Did you do vinyl or electric tape?
I originally used the tape. but over time it was coming undone because it shrank due to the heat. If you put enough of an overlap when the two ends meet you'll be fine. I still have one that is tape. As the others came undone I redid those with the vinyl. The tape was easier to get on imo. You need a hair dryer or heat gun for the vinyl.