Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rims EV01+ 18 inches and Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. Recently I passed on a pothole with my 20 inches performance rims and guess what... Bended them. I got pissed off and I went to a website and I bought a set of EV01+ 18 inches which the manufacture claims it is compatible with Tesla Model 3 Performance. So, after the installation (I did myself) I realise that it is extremely hard to remove the rims after you bolt them. After 2 days I started hearing a noise and I put my car on Tesla service. They told me that my breakers were loose due that the rims on the car are not compatible with model 3 performance and that was the cause of the damage and I must change them as soon as possible to avoid other damages. I did not find anything on the internet saying that the EV01+ are not compatible with the car but I can't deny what Tesla said because it makes sense since it is extremely hard to remove the rims. So I am lost, I don't know who to believe. Does any 1 knows anything about this? Thanks.

Can you add more detail on why the rims are difficult to remove ?
Thanks for the reply.
After removing the bolts (really easy) to pull the tires out of the car is hard, needs a lot of back and forth and put some strength to remove, definitely harder then "normal" (for me) but they do get out. After some back and fourth it gets out.

Hi, so after some back and forth, the vendor contacted me, they told me that the rims I have are for regular model 3, they sent me a spacer that makes it compatible with model 3 performance. Here is the picture:

open

P3D+ have a lip on the wheel hub that prevent standard wheels from correctly being installed. The spacer displayed above would essentially remove that hub lip.

This fault is due to whoever sold you the wheels and whether or not you told them you had the Performance Model 3 vs a standard one. Different requirements.