TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

RIP #994

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by NomoC8, Jan 16, 2018.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Have you guys seen Carl Medlock's photos on the Facebook group? The guy seems to be a miracle worker in cases like this.

2. Rotarypower

Rotarypower Member

.....link please?

3. csummers

csummers TXTriguy

Sorry for your loss. Was wondering if anyone did a DMV search to see how many Roadsters are still registered? I'm not a dealer but am interested in getting parts from newer models.

Roadster #302 Silver Bullet

4. ICON

ICON Member

Very Sorry !
    Out of interest did your brakes fail you?
    Were they the original factory spec set up brakes?

5. ViviV

ViviV Member

I am so sorry for your loss and the loss to the Roadster community which we all feel as evidenced by the outpouring of support. Those of us who drive these beautiful and historically meaningful cars on a daily basis know there is always a risk that something will happen, that we are taking a chance each time we take to the roads. Yet, the alternative, keeping them safely locked up in a garage, is not a better alternative (except perhaps on particularly dangerous driving days with snow, ice or rain). Keeping them clean and safe in a garage fails to achieve one of their missions which has been to herald the mainstreaming of sustainable transport -- to show people that an electric car can be an object of desire and be fun, fast, and travel long ranges. The Roadster does this effectively because it is really a head turner. The emergence of Model 3 and its high demand demonstrates tremendous progress towards Tesla's mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy. Thank you for being a part of the history of this transition.

In sorrow,
    #557, your Thunder Grey twin

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

7. gregd

gregd Active Member

Well said, ViviV. That's probably the nicest eulogy for a car I've ever read.

• Like x 1
  8. Carl W

Carl W 2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5

Sorry for your loss. My roadster is the same color so it hits me all the more. Anyway, I'm possibly interested in the 120v charge cable as I don't have one. $100?

9. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

So you killed it

• Disagree x 8
  10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Come on, be nice here. That seems uncalled for.

• Like x 3
  11. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

You need to buy a sense of humor

• Disagree x 4
  12. smac

smac Active Member

I'd also be add with any tub damage to a Lotus they tend to total those too.

Even fairly minor damage and the general thinking is to put a new tub in, not try and patch / weld / etc. etc. It's just not worth would could happen later down the line.

At which point you basically have a full strip down and rebuild, so it's just not worth it in most cases. (And that's assuming you can even buy a new Roadster tub nowadays.)

Shame really, was a lovely looking car. I guess parts of it will still live on in other Roadsters though!

(And if the central air-vent cowl that allows you to use a double Din radio, comes up for sale, I'd be very tempted for use in a Roadster's distant cousin ;) )

13. bart513

bart513 Active Member

I'm guessing that the black wheels go with the car? I'd love to have them. I have a rear set but no fronts!

14. bart513

bart513 Active Member

Sorry for your loss btw. Such a really beautiful car....... Ugh :(

15. skadax

skadax Member

Very sorry to hear about this loss. Looks like a truly beautiful roadster.

Is the car cover in good shape? Would you take $250 for it? If so, sold.

16. Cran

Cran Member

Do you have the 240v charger? If so I'm looking for one.... Will pay $300 for the cover

17. NomoC8

NomoC8 Member

No it’s the 110V

18. NomoC8

NomoC8 Member

The car cover is $350 new.

19. 10sbums

10sbums Member

Hi, NomoC8.

I’m sorry about your roadster. I hope State Farm was fair to you in the settlement. I did see her on Copart and in candor am/was interested in her. I have the resources, contact and ability to resurect her. However, I am waivering aftet reading your post about the battery being toast. Would you kind expanding on that please? If in fact, the battery is a goner, that is most certainly a deal breaker.

Thank you,
    Rick

20. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

I had the car inspected at Copart and it is a brick. Still some good parts however.