Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RIP FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But that means my car depreciated 3K in one day
Just a glitch related to removing the option from the configurator I bet.

I actually bought FSD today for 5k after it was removed from new cars, so it still shows up as an option after you buy. I bought it kind of on accident, I was curious to see what the checkout window looked like but when I clicked continue it just automatically charged my credit card and went through with the purchase.... yolo I'll keep it for now.

No biggie, if the option is not working then they shouldn't be selling it.

Right they shouldn't sell it.

But they should allow people to prepay for it now at a discounted price, say $3k, when they make it available for sale later.

Or they should allow people to buy an option now, say for $3k, to get it later when it is for sale, at a really low strike price, say for free.

Whoohoo, and the world makes a little more sense.

Now I did get the option so I expect Tesla to add some clarity in what comes next.

How will my car differentiate between someone who never paid for FSD? sure I expect I'll get the new AP computer. But, what else?

It's still available in canadian configurator...
I think the removal of this option in USA can be related to some legislation requirements, as the feature is still not available....

It's slowly rolling it's way down the line of being removed.

Just 30 minutes or so ago it was available for the Model S, and the Model X.

I'd give it a few days to settle out. I don't expect any region to still have that option.

Reactions: kbecks13
Still on the model S mobile page. We can assume it will drop from there as well.
Screenshot_20181018-200635.png