Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Risk in completely replacing 2nd row bench in 22’ MXLR? Tesla offered to do this as they cannot remove sticker stains @ delivery..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Was wondering if anyone on this form has a point of view on whether or not there is any material risk in completely replacing 2nd row bench in 22’ MXLR (this is a 7 seater, 3 weeks old).

Tesla offered me the following options:
1. They will order and replace the 60/40 bench seats as they cannot remove sticker stains (pic attached) they tried 3 times to remove this stain.. nothing worked

2. Or they offered a free annual service (replacing cabin and HEPA filters, wipers, but made a point of saying no tire rotation and balance..)

My default is to replace the seats, just wanted to get some guidance on the safety or integrity or operating risk if I choose the 1st option? Appreciate your thoughts.

Thought some of you might enjoy this one… The tech manager said that I may have to wait a while for the new seats to come in. He paused and he said worst case - five weeks. I laughed so hard because I told him that I just finished waiting 57 weeks for this model x!

Attachments

• 19730B57-1AE2-47F0-AD15-592FAA300173.jpeg
    19730B57-1AE2-47F0-AD15-592FAA300173.jpeg
    803 KB · Views: 178
  • 7D742A99-ECAA-49DE-BBE1-EAE8A4A67E6D.jpeg
    7D742A99-ECAA-49DE-BBE1-EAE8A4A67E6D.jpeg
    828.7 KB · Views: 128
Hello,
Was wondering if anyone on this form has a point of view on whether or not there is any material risk in completely replacing 2nd row bench in 22’ MXLR (this is a 7 seater, 3 weeks old).

Tesla offered me the following options:
1. They will order and replace the 60/40 bench seats as they cannot remove sticker stains (pic attached) they tried 3 times to remove this stain.. nothing worked

2. Or they offered a free annual service (replacing cabin and HEPA filters, wipers, but made a point of saying no tire rotation and balance..)

My default is to replace the seats, just wanted to get some guidance on the safety or integrity or operating risk if I choose the 1st option? Appreciate your thoughts.

Thought some of you might enjoy this one… The tech manager said that I may have to wait a while for the new seats to come in. He paused and he said worst case - five weeks. I laughed so hard because I told him that I just finished waiting 57 weeks for this model x!
Obviously option #2 is a joke. Don’t take it.

I would think there is very little risk in having them replace the seats. That being said; every time I bring my car in to service to have something fixed, something else is inevitably damaged.

I had my 2017 7 seater 2nd row seats replaced. It was one of the early foldable bench 7 seater and didn't work from the beginning. Total nightmare. First they ordered wrong parts, but only found out after they took the original seats apart. Then finally after the right parts arrived, it was never installed properly. At one point there was even a bolt or something left lose under the floor. Hope you won't have to deal with this.