Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rivian User Manual Released: Details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cosmacelf

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2013
San Diego

Doesn't seem to have advanced autopilot. It has lane keeping, but only in certain areas. That part was kinda vague in the manual, but it implies geolocking to known freeways.

The portable charger instructions doesn't have a way to set the amperage draw, so you can't charge from a 30A dryer plug. 120V at 12A or 240V at 32A. Interestingly, the pigtail looked a lot like a Tesla adapter, so could they possibly be compatible?

Outlets: 1.5 kW 120V. The Ford F150 Lightning will be the king of extracting power with its 30A 240V receptacle and a whopping 17.2 kW of power through the charge port.

I'm still looking forward to my R1S though. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much more than this. Hoping, but not expecting.

If they focused on delivering the promised vehicle performance and if they manage to debug it better than Ford Mach-E (shouldn't be too hard though) then it will be a good vehicle IMHO, and it might be good they are not trying to to everything at once right in the first production year. We shell see.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Don‘t know if we’ll see this soon. If you engage this on a slope, or in an area that isn’t a wide open plain, bad things can happen. It sounds easy, but hard to get right in all situations.
Yeah, I certainly get the challenges and I agree but man, they really pushed it as a feature. Granted, I don’t know that I’d ever use it nor have I ever been in a a situation where I thought, “Man, I wish my XXX could tank turn right about now” but they really pushed this. Much like the Hummer with the (probably useless) crab walk.

Reactions: Brando