Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Tesla Wall Connector + 3P3W 240V Delta power - FAIL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isnt it possible to just wire L1-L1 and L2-N on the wall connector, like in the attached diagram (from the US manual). If ground is missing, just burrow a grounding spear. Thats how its done in Norway for Isolated Terra (IT) nets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190707_132516_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20190707_132516_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 68
Isnt it possible to just wire L1-L1 and L2-N on the wall connector, like in the attached diagram (from the US manual). If ground is missing, just burrow a grounding spear. Thats how its done in Norway for Isolated Terra (IT) nets.
The problem is that it is a floating Delta, there is no ground connection. The WC uses ground as a safety check.

I have 600kVA 240 grounded B service at work and the only place the ground connection happens is after the POCO's CT on the bus bar.

if it weren't for everything being in EMT/rigid conduit, I'm pretty sure the previous tenants would've tried to ground another phase somewhere. I wouldn't want to have to change it to anything else. it would be quite the ordeal and after I'd have no additional function added.

What's the model number on the Bosch Charger?

I have a similar issue with an existing large 480V 3W to 120/240V 3PH center tapped transformer. I have multiple car chargers to hook up and all the manuals i read say i cannot use the the L3 leg as the voltage is 208V to ground, not 120V.