Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Noise 19" vs 21" Hard Numbers

So I just replaced my 21" Arachnids with my 19" cyclones(with Pirelli P7's) for an upcoming trip to Lake Tahoe from LA.

I figured I'd take a dB noise measurement over a 5 mile road at exactly 50mph in the same lane and see what the average Decibel reading over the drive. (I used dB meter pro on the ios app store)
My 21" wheels came in at an average of 53dB ad the 19" at 52dB.

It's a measurable difference!

I'm not sure exactly how scientific my measurements are, but the numbers match my experience. The 19"'s are definitely less harsh and quieter.

• Informative
Reactions: DIL

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC