Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that that prototype actually has a 200kwh battery. I think I read somewhere that Musk was betting on improved technology by the time the car enters production. Bit of a risk, but hey, so is everything that legend does.

Point is though, if the 200kwh battery actually existed in that form, surely beyond any shadow of a doubt it would already be available for the models S and X. I mean is Tesla deliberately trying to lose money?

Not sure where you are going with your comments. Of course there is no 200Kw battery available, and even if it did in PROTOTYPE form, it would not be sold in the S or X. You can easily imagine a trickle down from the roadster to the S,X, and then to the 3, not likely a trickle up.

Regardless, this is an amazing supercar, I'm very happy to be on the founder's list

I doubt that that prototype actually has a 200kwh battery. I think I read somewhere that Musk was betting on improved technology by the time the car enters production. Bit of a risk, but hey, so is everything that legend does.

Point is though, if the 200kwh battery actually existed in that form, surely beyond any shadow of a doubt it would already be available for the models S and X. I mean is Tesla deliberately trying to lose money?
Well, I'm HOPING it's real; I can't afford and don't need the new Roadster, so I'm putting a deposit down next week.
It looks crazy. Have you seen Here's what Tesla Roadster's "Maximum Plaid" mode looks like in real life
pretty good to watch if you ignore the brashness.
WOWOWOW
Seems hard to believe , but they say it does the sprints alllll night....

Do you ever just think that putting a deposit down now does ensure the car comes a little bit faster - but it ties the deposit up for years, and when they finally do get manufactured, you could put your deposit down then and get it in just a few months more time (as opposed to years) and you would:
1. Have the benefit of the deposit in your bank account in the meantime;
2. Get a later model off the production line after they have ironed out the initial bugs; and
3. Get a new front bumper and AP2.0 autopilot... no, wait... that was the problem last time with the S ... you know, new side cameras instead of mirrors or something... maximum plaid v2.5; stealth mode you name it...

Do you ever just think that putting a deposit down now does ensure the car comes a little bit faster - but it ties the deposit up for years, and when they finally do get manufactured, you could put your deposit down then and get it in just a few months more time (as opposed to years) and you would:
2. Get a later model off the production line after they have ironed out the initial bugs; and
3. Get a new front bumper and AP2.0 autopilot... no, wait... that was the problem last time with the S ... you know, new side cameras instead of mirrors or something... maximum plaid v2.5; stealth mode you name it...

Putting a deposit down is important, the more interest shown the more chance the car will get built. Going back 7 or 8 years ago a handful of wannabe Tesla buyers made the effort to show Tesla motors USA that a model S would be welcome in Australia, without those efforts all of us may still be waiting for our cars, it's called leading by example.

Yes.

Putting a deposit down is important, the more interest shown the more chance the car will get built. Going back 7 or 8 years ago a handful of wannabe Tesla buyers made the effort to show Tesla motors USA that a model S would be welcome in Australia, without those efforts all of us may still be waiting for our cars, it's called leading by example.
Absolutely. We got Tesla here in Australia because there was demonstrable demand. That’s why I reserved a car 3 years before it was delivered.

Bear in mind that Tesla has to jump though hoops to be able to sell the car here - they need some encouragement.