Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Forum Thread Reorganization

Should we reorganize the Roadster forum?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Roadster

JdeMO Powered
Dec 10, 2016
SoCal
Normally I'd start this thread under Site Feedback but chances are it would go ignored there so I'm dropping it here for consideration ;)

What are everyone's thoughts on possibly reorganizing the Roadster section? We currently have only two sub-forums...
  • Roadster: Technical
  • Roadster: Performance
...and then 100+ pages of random threads o_O Those two sections served their purpose well when the car was being introduced but it's been discontinued for some time and is rapidly moving into historical status so we should consider making some renovations to improve discoverability of topics and create a true archive of knowledge through better organization of threads.

If we were to adopt a similar set of sub-forums to the other production vehicles (with two addl. topics to address the aging fleet), something like this might be helpful:
  • Roadster: History & Production
  • Roadster: Driving Dynamics
  • Roadster: Battery & Charging
  • Roadster: User Interface
  • Roadster: Interior & Exterior
  • Roadster: Repair & Maintenance
  • Roadster: Marketplace
Thoughts?

I strongly agree that at the very least, the Marketplace is long overdue for a reorganization. Roadster needs its own area for both Vehicles and Parts for sale. It’s far too difficult to scroll through 3+ pages of Model S just to find any. It’s also likely that the frequency of other posts commonly push any Roadster posts out of the eyesight of potential buyers / sellers.

Count me in for the cataloging as well, @Kerios!

What got me thinking about this was the following:

Why on earth is this thread with 330K+ views not pinned to the Sticky Threadso_O?

While we have low visitor volume, we should at least consider getting our house in order for archival purposes. Any new owner or someone considering buying a Roadster would probably find it useful to see things thoughtfully cataloged. Search is certainly helpful but a simple resorting of things seems like it would be a beneficial exercise. Don't think we need seven sections either, but having the key topics that keep coming up conveniently called out and aggregated for visitors would be nice.

Not enough activity to make it worthwhile in my mind.
I manage to catch up on all the active threads whenever I come back.

BUT
I would pin your 'Roadster Parts for Sale' and 'Today's Roadster Orphans' threads as these are much more useful than the Marketplace which are un-usable for Roadster parts or cars at this point! I have not looked at the Marketplace in a while!

Looking at how it works on the roadster, we might be better off with 3 marketplace sections within each car model forums that would be pinned/available at top: Orphans (I like that title), Car Parts & Wheels.
(there's so much wheels that everything else is drowned, so keeping parts split from wheels will help)

It would be very nice to have a separate Roadster Market place. Actually I think under market place there should be 4 subsections one for each car as each fills different needs and buyers. As for the other changes I think they are good and if easy go for them. But they are not a big issue for me. Thanks.

Having a separate marketplace for the Roadster would be great. I vote against further sub-forums, however. I visit the main forum, and usually the technical forum, because I might learn something from another Roadster owner, not usually because I am looking for anything specific. When I see a topic or discussion I can contribute to, I try to do so. But if there were multiple separate forums, I would be far less likely to review them all, and thus would likely miss many postings.

Reactions: hcsharp
Having a separate marketplace for the Roadster would be great. I vote against further sub-forums, however. I visit the main forum, and usually the technical forum, because I might learn something from another Roadster owner, not usually because I am looking for anything specific. When I see a topic or discussion I can contribute to, I try to do so. But if there were multiple separate forums, I would be far less likely to review them all, and thus would likely miss many postings.

I agree, I like things the way they are, but a separate marketplace would be nice. A separate section for history would be interesting, and maybe repair and maintenance, as we face less and less support from Tesla in the future. But I don't like the other divisions that we see for the S, X, and 3.

Reactions: DeedWest
I think having the suggested sub-forums to match the other cars would be good. If someone wants to re-categorize the existing posts, great, but if not there could just be a sticky post at the top of each of the new sub-forums saying that as of X-date, new posts go here.

Even the two current sub-forums don't make much sense.
I think it would be nice to have one sub-forum for "technical tips, repairs, maintenance, and help", one for the "marketplace" and then everything else

I agree with this. Simply put, we could have the following -

History & Production
Battery & Charging
Exterior & Interior
Repair & Maintenance

Plus, in the Marketplace -

Roadster for Sale
Roadster Parts for Sale

There are already sticky tire threads, so those aren’t needed. I feel like 99% of existing threads could be categorized in those sub-forums.

I'm honestly not bothered either way. Would have been nice to try changing things up for new/future owners but perhaps we just come to a consensus on which posts to make Sticky and pin so they're not buried like the popular Random Roadster Sightings.

Reactions: DeedWest