Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Remote Charging Adaptor Options

pauld2002

Aug 9, 2021
Orange County CA
What do people recommend for adaptors to remotely charge your Roadster at a public remote charging station at 220v or more? Are there options to charge at a Tesla Charging Station? I see there was a Tesla UMC at one time. And a Henry Sharpe makes a CAN adaptor. What are most people using? Are there any available or do I need to to try and find a used one. I have a 3.0 battery.

IslandRoadster

Former Owner of #609
Nov 24, 2018
Bainbridge Island, WA
I love the @hcsharp CAN adapters. I use the CAN Sr at home for charging from a Tesla Wall Connector and the CAN Jr for charging from the J1772 chargers that you can find out most places.

+1 on Henry's CAN JR and CAN SR. Just wish he made an adapter that worked with 220 RV outlets and Dryer outlets. When I bought my car it did not come with any 220 adapters, including the original Tesla pigtail.

miimura

Aug 21, 2013
Los Altos, CA
+1 on Henry's CAN JR and CAN SR. Just wish he made an adapter that worked with 220 RV outlets and Dryer outlets. When I bought my car it did not come with any 220 adapters, including the original Tesla pigtail.
If you have a CAN SR, you can just use the Gen2 Mobile Connector that is supplied with new Tesla cars. However, the Gen2 UMC is limited to 32A. If you really need 40A from a 14-50 you can use a Gen1 UMC or a Corded Mobile Connector that has a fixed 14-50 plug.

Reactions: IslandRoadster

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC