Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadsters not selling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi John Ratcliff,
U are the proud owner of a Fusion Red Roadster and I know that feeling well.
For I also own a Fusion Red 2.5 Tesla Roadster vin.# 1125, delivered Dec. 18, 2010.
I am not sure of when U brought yours, but it may not have been the only one on the market.
I placed an ad in Auto Trader in March of 2016 to sell # 1125 , which has 23K miles and is in excellent condition.
After just checking the Auto trader search for Roadsters, I found there to be multiple Roadsters for sell as of today.
So to anyone looking to buy Tesla Roadsters check out Auto Trader online ads and this is by no means a plug for Auto Trader , but I am interested in selling my Fusion Red Roadster, which will be moving from south of Houston,Tx. to Colorado Springs by August 2016.
Dean 412

Just bought my Tesla Roadster last month. 2010 Fusion Red #633, 7k miles. I had been looking to purchase a new one but the markets crashed in 2007 and I put the dream away. (Never took down the computer desktop picture.) I ended up meeting a very kind gentleman who babied his car and was in great condition and looked exactly like the car I had on my computer screen for years. Decided to travel to see the car, loved it, bought it and had it shipped home. I'm living my dream and don't regret the purchase at all.

Everyone asks me about my "new" car and they are floored that it is a 2010 model. Granted, I'm in Minnesota and you don't see these driving around very much, if at all. I can't park anywhere public without having to wait for folks to finish taking pictures before I leave. I guess that is what they call "Minnesota Nice" -- I just politely keep my distance and time my exit. :)

Reactions: dhrivnak
I can't park anywhere public without having to wait for folks to finish taking pictures before I leave. I guess that is what they call "Minnesota Nice" --
No. It's called "Tesla time." They do that almost everywhere. You need to get some pictures of the people taking pictures of your car. Then post them to the pics-of-people-taking-pics-of-roadsters thread. It's fun!

Reactions: dhrivnak and bonnie
I would love to drive a roadster, but it can't make my round trip commute (~150-200 miles, depending on my stops) and can't supercharge. In the winter even my 85D needs a full charge. Sure, with the aftermarket chademo kit & v3 battery I could overcome those obstacles, but a Model S is where I ended up. I drive about 40k miles/year.

At this point, I'm holding out for the next-gen roadster. If I have to wait a few years, so be it!

I would love to drive a roadster, but it can't make my round trip commute (~150-200 miles, depending on my stops) and can't supercharge. In the winter even my 85D needs a full charge. Sure, with the aftermarket chademo kit & v3 battery I could overcome those obstacles, but a Model S is where I ended up.

At this point, I'm holding out for the next-gen roadster. If I have to wait a few years, so be it!

You can always pick up a roadster and upgrade to 3.0 battery... That has the range

I would love to drive a roadster, but it can't make my round trip commute (~150-200 miles, depending on my stops) and can't supercharge. In the winter even my 85D needs a full charge. Sure, with the aftermarket chademo kit & v3 battery I could overcome those obstacles, but a Model S is where I ended up. I drive about 40k miles/year.

For that situation, you were wise not to get a roadster. That's a long roundtrip, and while the roadster is comfortable, I'm not sure me and my passengers can tolerate that long of a drive in the roadster seats without a break. Of course, that is individual preference.

A Model S is a beauty and a great choice. That's my next car as soon as my Prius bites the dust. Once I've driven this roadster, I can't go back to ICE or even hybrids. Been a hybrid driver since 2006.

Beware.

That was the car in this eBay listing Tesla: Roadster Sport that ended at $47.7k without meeting reserve (in Detroit). The dealer also supposedly has a Model S they are selling for $42.5k.

I would conjecture that something's not right with either the car or the information in the current ad. The old adage applies: "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." If this is an exception to that general rule, it will be one lucky person who gets this Roadster.