Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robert Llewellyn's Fully Charged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robert mentions the KIA soul's battery uses cell technology with a higher energy density than even Tesla's. Is that accurate? I assume it utilizes prismatic cells because only Tesla uses the small cylindrical cell, I believe. This would mean that the prismatic cell technology has already caught up and surpassed the 18650 format. I am a bit skeptical. Does anyone else know more about this?

Kia claims 200 Wh/kg cell level, Tesla/Panasonic is 250 Wh/kg at the cell level.

If there is no active heating/cooling in the Kia battery then with close cell gravimetric density the Kia could win. The Kia may also include Tesla's entire pack which has a thick metal shell to prevent punctures from the road. They may not include any structural weight for the Kia battery.

Bobby Lew is a self proclaimed wet liberal and much too conflicted to get a Model S. :)
He loves it but hates the idea that folks who can afford to by one get "free" charging, but folks who can't have to pay for fuel.

- - - Updated - - -

She didn't say the word BMW but did mention the i3 with Rex.

Bobby Lew is a self proclaimed wet liberal and much too conflicted to get a Model S. :)
He loves it but hates the idea that folks who can afford to by one get "free" charging, but folks who can't have to pay for fuel.

And yet he said he wanted a Model S but needed to talk to his wife about it(finances).

I think the word "hate" is far too strong. I saw his little monologue on "energy inequality."

Even he knows that used Model 3s will eventually get down to working class folks.

Unlike the Wehrmacht's ICEv they will not be prohibitively expensive to repair.

Last edited: