Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robert Llewellyn's Fully Charged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's so into Tesla. He and his friend Tom Scott are pretty entertaining as Robert takes a Model S up to 135 mph at a runway.
Tom wonders if Tesla's get lighter in weight as they expend energy, like ICE cars do.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was fabulous. I'm so happy to see a great advocate like him driving the best EV in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Why wouldn't he have been commenting on all things EV before? He's had a Nissan Leaf for several years now.

I was meaning for him to come here and talk EVs since he now has a Tesla. Of course he's been putting out "Fully Charged" for years which is talking about all things EV. Sorry I wasn't being clear.

Thanks, Rob. Very entertaining as always. Some strong words though for folks who drive other high-end brand saloons.

Maybe I'm too EV oriented.

I thought yeah that's true, yeah that's true, yeah that's true. No new content.

I guess I didn't notice the strong words.

edit: heh, got interrupted and hadn't watched the whole video. Now I get it. I'm not a Bloody Idiot, I have an EV. :)

Last edited:
His "bloody idiot" rant was perhaps my favorite part of the video. I think the same thing, but I don't blurt it out anywhere because it's way too easy to start big stupid arguments with the suggestion that EVs are better.

Ironically, the ad I got before the video was that guy with all the books in his garage with his Lamborghini and Ferrari, which he apparently bought within the last year or two. Clearly, he doesn't read the right books. I watched the whole ad to make sure the money goes out of his pocket and into Robert's.

Robert is quite entranced with his Model S, as are many of us. As much as I agree with him regarding his opinion of large luxury ICE vehicles, to be fair many in England who drive such cars bought them before the Model S became available in right hand drive less than two years ago, I think. So he might have qualified his criticism somewhat.
He did say one thing that came across as inaccurate; he said that when he gets in his S the car "knows" it is him and adjusts the seat position accordingly. That is not correct. If his driver profile is not selected then he has to select it, and if it is already selected than he doesn't have to do anything. The car doesn't know who unlocks the doors and sits in the driver's seat!

He's so into Tesla. He and his friend Tom Scott are pretty entertaining as Robert takes a Model S up to 135 mph at a runway.
Tom wonders if Tesla's get lighter in weight as they expend energy, like ICE cars do.

I'm surprised Robert was so stone-faced during the run. Usually, he can't contain his glee in speed-related matters. I guess since he owns a Model S now, all that crazy acceleration is old hat to him.

- - - Updated - - -

The car doesn't know who unlocks the doors and sits in the driver's seat!

Future software update?

That's interesting because my Ampera (aka Volt) knows the difference between the two key fobs and can change things accordingly.

Sure... so did my ex-Infiniti M35... but it was a pain when my wife (with her fob in her purse) would get to the passenger door first and unlock the car, that reset the driver's seat, mirrors and steering wheel to her (shorter) frame. Therefore I would end up squeezing myself in and re-resetting back to me. Or, waiting for it to be done and re-unlocking, whereupon the car would reset back to me (therefore having to wait some more until it finished).

So... this is a vote to keep the fobs as is, and use the display to change driver profile. I think of it as a design feature, not a lack of capability.

There's a thread on this somewhere, typical TMC thoroughly delving into all details :)

In the 1,007 mile video it's a bit painful to see how he washes the car. Someone should teach him the two-bucket method.

Not everyone is obsessed with cars having to look showroom-like all the time. Certainly not in middle/northern Europe (and especially England) where the weather (and the dirt on the many by-roads) tends to wreck any good saturday carwash after two days max anyway. :wink: