Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Victor, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 221917 It's hard to tell but after circling most of the Mall this is the only active parking area construction, so it's a safe bet I think. Early days clearly, but using the Binghamton build-out as a model, we may be a little over a month away from this being operational (I understand that the timing largely depends on the efficiency of the local utility).

It's interesting to see that they sited this relatively close to a major Mall entrance, near Macy's. I was there around 4pm Saturday, and there wasn't an empty space in the immediate area - pretty high possibility then of ICEing during peak shopping times I would assume.
Thanks for the picture! The conduit look like what would be in a Supercharger pad. I don't see any trenching for the stations themselves.

So now I have it on good authority that this is in the front of the Mall by the center entrance. Looking at Macy's , PF Chang is on your right. The stores you see to the left of Macy's in the picture are Ethan Allen and Raymor and Flanigan

Yesterday we were visiting my Son and his family for Passover and I stopped at the Eastview Mall. I took a few shots and can see the trenching in progress with conduits being laid down. No Tesla specific equipment is yet evident. Victor1.jpg Victor2.jpg Victor3.jpg Victor4.jpg On the second image I drew a red arrow pointing to my car (on the left).

Last edited:
Yesterday we were visiting my Son and his family for Passover and I stopped at the Eastview Mall. I took a few shots and can see the trenching in progress with conduits being laid down. No Tesla specific equipment is yet evident.View attachment 222327 View attachment 222328 View attachment 222329 View attachment 222330 On the second image I drew a red arrow pointing to my car (on the left).
Thanks for the pics. I see now how the stations will be placed between the parking spots.

Looks like this is the location (based on the pictures xrayangiodoc posted.)
Note: Pittsford Victor Rd. is NY Route 96
Soooo looking forward to this location. I visit relatives in Fairport and Victor.
I'll be up there in about 10-14 days and I'll take and post more pictures.

Attachments

• EastviewMallSuC.jpg
    EastviewMallSuC.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 124
Looks like this is the location (based on the pictures xrayangiodoc posted.)
Note: Pittsford Victor Rd. is NY Route 96
Soooo looking forward to this location. I visit relatives in Fairport and Victor.
I'll be up there in about 10-14 days and I'll take and post more pictures.
Thanks! Agreed that looks like the location. Notice it looks like Macy's has a pretty significant solar panel installation.

Reactions: Tedkidd
Looks very good! Seems they have poured the base for the SC stands and the base of the pad that will receive the connection from the utility and then go to the transformer and then to the SC cabinets. Once the crew finishes THEIR job we will then have to wait for the transformer to be delivered by the utility and then the hookup to the power lines. That can cause the most frustrating delays. I wonder where the SC rectifier cabinets are going to be placed?

Very disappointing to see victor as the "Rochester" choice. Not even in Monroe county and not on 390/southern access.

Too bad. Henrietta was the obvious choice.

I think it came down to attractive upscale location (I suspect they may put a store in this mall eventually) and very friendly mall/real estate company. The Waterloo project seems it was completed before anyone even knew it was planned - also a Wilmorite project.

Minutes from the Victor Town Planning Board when they discussed the supercharger. Loved the question regarding Prius owners!

Cool to have that, thanks!

James Reno asked me to attend, and it was fun to talk to Jesse Karp and Mike Kaufmann. I asked why no location in Henrietta, and it came down to proximity to i90 that had nice amenities.

At the meeting it seemed some people were quite curious and surprisingly uninformed about Tesla and EV's. It felt like an opportunity to run an informational video.

Cool to have that, thanks!

James Reno asked me to attend, and it was fun to talk to Jesse Karp and Mike Kaufmann. I asked why no location in Henrietta, and it came down to proximity to i90 that had nice amenities.

At the meeting it seemed some people were quite curious and surprisingly uninformed about Tesla and EV's. It felt like an opportunity to run an informational video.
In Florida where we have 14 Superchargers , Service Centers and galleries in the Mall there are still a surprising number of people that have never heard of Tesla. And even a larger number of folk that don't realize how comprehensive the Supercharger network has become in the US.

Reactions: Tedkidd
I'm a little concerned about the availability of charging spaces. I have family that lives a mile away, so I've been there frequently. I can tell you it can be extremely difficult to find ANY space to park at that mall...especially in the area where the chargers will be Folks end up using valet parking at the mall because of it.

Last edited:
I'm a little concerned about the availability of charging spaces. I have family that lives a mile away, so I've been there frequently. I can tell you it can be extremely difficult to find ANY space to park at that mall...especially in the area where the chargers will be Folks end up using valet parking at the mall because of it.
Fantastic pics, thanks! Excited that that is the site, though also worried about ICEing - though I've high hopes that some simple steps (traffic cones) coupled with the innate Upstate NY manners will keep at lease some of the spaces free. It's surprising that they picked this area when there is ample space on the outskirts, but hopefully Mall Mgmt. has a plan to deal with it.

I had similar thoughts. Those spots are in an area that can get pretty packed. Might get interesting around holidays. Fortunately Waterloo Isn't far away.