Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Victor, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Victor, NY:

Interstates: I-90
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None

I-90
To: Syracuse, NY - 68.9 miles
Diversion: 3.7 miles
To: Utica, NY - 120 miles

To: Bloomsburg, PA (HS*, NY-96, NY-444, US-20, US-20A, NY-64, NY-12, NY-21, NY-371, I-390, I-86, I-99, US-15, I-80) - 192 miles
To: Harrisburg, PA (HS*, NY-96, NY-444, US-20, US-20A, NY-64, NY-12, NY-21, NY-371, I-390, I-86, I-99, US-15, US-22, I-81, US-322) - 240 miles
To: Somerset, PA (HS*, NY-96, NY-444, US-20, US-20A, NY-64, NY-12, NY-21, NY-371, I-390, I-86, I-99, US-15, US-220, PA-64, I-80, I-99, US-22, US-219, PA-601) - 313 miles

Splits a 135 mile gap (Buffalo, NY to Syracuse, NY). (Ignoring the limited hours of the Cleveland Supercharger) It's the joint-3rd longest gap on I-90. The two longer gaps are in South Dakota and Tesla has Superchargers splitting those on its 2017 map.
* HS = High St, Victor, NY

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
Great news. I see that the meeting is actually scheduled for January 24 at 7PM. Think there's any reason for Tesla Owners to attend?
I don't think attendance would influence the planning board's decisions but it would provide information to us regarding the board's attitude toward the installation. For instance if it is going to be a rubber stamp or a more involved process. I haven't found any minutes posted on the website.

This will great for our trip to Geneseo, NY in spring to take a college tour of SUNY Geneseo with our son. We went to SUNY Oswego this past fall and stopped in Syracuse and Binghamton. We wanted to go to Geneseo but we could not make the trip in the X90D. Now we should be able to stop in Victor, NY and then stop in Binghamton on the way home.

Meh, like etm33, I was hoping for Henrietta for proximity to both E-W and N-S routes, but yes, c'est la vie. I'll probably charge in town as a destination, anyway. Still need something near Corning, NY to get to Rochester, though. It's coming, I know!

Reactions: Tedkidd
I spoke with the Corning Museum of Glass and sent a recommendation to Tesla to get moving on that about 6 months ago. I could use help in making Tesla and the Museum see it as a priority. The Museum has the amenities Tesla prefers in a Supercharger location and it would help the City of Corning out as well. It would further help my wife and I visit her family in Ithaca as there is a large gap along I-86 from Erie to Binhampton. Corning would be a great place to link both central and the southern tier. Anyways, contact Tesla if you think that is also a good idea. The news on Rochester area getting a Supercharger is welcomed but there is still work to be done.

I spoke with the Corning Museum of Glass and sent a recommendation to Tesla to get moving on that about 6 months ago. I could use help in making Tesla and the Museum see it as a priority. The Museum has the amenities Tesla prefers in a Supercharger location and it would help the City of Corning out as well. It would further help my wife and I visit her family in Ithaca as there is a large gap along I-86 from Erie to Binhampton. Corning would be a great place to link both central and the southern tier. Anyways, contact Tesla if you think that is also a good idea. The news on Rochester area getting a Supercharger is welcomed but there is still work to be done.

After Erie is a bad stretch on 86, not just for EV driving. Just a long boring stretch. My thought would be the Pilot station right near where I86 and 390 meet might be the best choice. Corning has a nice little downtown to walk around at, but is pretty dead if you had to stop there late. Hornell/Olean is alot more "central" between Binghamton and erie, but no other major highways connect there. Judging by the "2017" map, it looks like theres one in the works at some point.

I would prefer something in Olean because I have a 60 but as stated, there is hardly anything between Erie and Binghamton other than Corning. I am attempting to make the drive from Erie to Ithaca (211 miles) in April for Easter. I've managed to far exceed my range in my LEAF but I'm struggling to drop below 320wh/mi in winter with my S. If I drive at 65mph or lower, it might be possible. Clearly we aren't getting heat either for that last leg (I plan on warming the cabin to sweltering temps while supercharging to 100% at Erie). Long story short, I really hope Tesla builds out I-86 now that I-90 seems good to go.

Reactions: Tedkidd
These are not Superchargers, they are HPWC.

Did you see the picture in the thread I linked to, @jrreno? It is below. These certainly appear to be Superchargers.
Do you know something we don't?

Waterloo.JPG