TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rumor summary: Blind-spot cameras, Rain sensing, Level 3, Big battery, Interior/HUD

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AnxietyRanger, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. daktari

daktari Member

I believe v3 Superchargers would mean so much power and high amperes that a watercooled cable and plug is required. CCS 2.0 has that in their standard. Makes sense to follow that. In Europe, they would then also be able to open SuC for commercial us with other car brands.

Another thing, WLTP is coming to Europe, and Model 3 is WLTP certified. X and S are not yet, and I have searched quite extensively for those figures. The X and S should have been WLTP-rated within Sept 2018! So the interesting thing is how come they are not WLTP rated by now? Well, one can postpone WLTP-rating if the car is an outgoing model, "end of series". Then you can sell it until sept 2019 with the old NEDC rating only! 3-6 months anyone?
    Interpretation is that Tesla claims S and X models to be "end of series" in EU and we will soon see a new model of both, or they just don't care about following regulations, or I overlooked some other reason that excempt the Teslas from WLTP certification.

Source: WLTP introduction: when will the changes take place? | WLTPfacts.eu

• Informative x 8
  2. Zorg

Zorg Member

Right on time for a switch to 2170 batteries. S120 anyone?

• Like x 3
  3. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

Great points @daktari, thank you.
    There was the S130 rumor even...
    Definitely if much/most/everything happens that has been speculated e.g. in this thread (a summary of mine quoted below), it sounds like it could be called a "new series" for WLTP purposes.

• Like x 2
  4. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

@daktari

Interesting points and hearsay over on the Model S range and interior update imminent? thread. This again would certainly fit with your speculation above that a Model S/X facelift due to WLPT certification should happen by September 2019.

Of course, the Electrek rumor of interior facelift timeline/pictures from last year also pointed to Q3/2019 as has been discussed and linked to earlier in this thread.
    Thank you @CraZ8 and @VValleyEV as well. Keep up the great speculation and information gathering, people!

• Like x 2
  5. Zorg

Zorg Member

To not crash current car values, I would expect capacity to increase in small steps over time. So 110 now, 120 later, etc.

6. electronblue

electronblue Active Member

Would that matter if Tesla renames the batteries in Model 3 style and removes numbers?

• Like x 1
  7. Zorg

Zorg Member

Matters to Tesla inventory of used S and X

8. electronblue

electronblue Active Member

I believe Tesla eliminated as much cars as possible end of Q4 but yes I get your point.

That said if new cars simply say Long Range and Standard would the average consumer really care as much as the numbers are not visible...

• Like x 2
  9. Zorg

Zorg Member

Since the first question from ICE folks is "how far can it go?", my guess is yes. That being said, over 250 miles of range, it becomes less and less of an issue to the average user.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1