Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumour of free premium for leases cars ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tusker are saying that prior to this they were not charged anything and that it is a Tesla issue. Has anyone had any luck with compensation or extending free period with Telsa. I don’t want to waste hours on hold to be met with a flat no.
Tesla won’t give you anything unless you are going to end up with less than the standard trial period they offer as part of the spec of the Car.

But the layman’s interpretation:

Irrespective of whether you tether your car to a phone hotspot or not you lose the satellite images if you have those turned on, and the traffic indication on the map, although live traffic info is still available for nav routing, as are superchargers, search, etc

You also lose the ability to view the cameras remotely when on sentry mode.

Of those, only the live traffic offers any real value to me and I can live with out. You may be different.

The rest of the stuff works exactly the same if you have a wireless hotspot from your phone including the free Spotify account.

• Helpful
Reactions: T3SSY
I love the satellite maps to be honest, it’s one of the things that impresses people the most when they sit in the car.

I also just like how integrated everything is without having to activate my hotspot every time. Well worth £10 a month to me.

Reactions: JupiterMan
I love the satellite maps to be honest, it’s one of the things that impresses people the most when they sit in the car.

I also just like how integrated everything is without having to activate my hotspot every time. Well worth £10 a month to me.
There’s no right and wrong, I find the satellite images too busy but can understand why you think differently.

The only wrong as such is making a decision based on duff info.

Reactions: Durzel
Lex customer here, upgrade option now showing in the app for me. No need to subscribe till 18 Dec 2022 (lease started 18 Dec 2021) so it looks like we get a year?

The only thing I use from premium connectivity is the remote camera view in sentry mode.

There’s no right and wrong, I find the satellite images too busy but can understand why you think differently.

The only wrong as such is making a decision based on duff info.
I tend to agree. Satellite maps looks flashier, but normal maps is more functional I think. You can see local businesses etc, congestion marking is more obvious, etc.

It doesn’t help that satellite maps are so zoomed out. Wherever I try and pinch zoom it I lose the whole “map moves with the car” functionality.

Lex customer here, upgrade option now showing in the app for me. No need to subscribe till 18 Dec 2022 (lease started 18 Dec 2021) so it looks like we get a year?

The only thing I use from premium connectivity is the remote camera view in sentry mode.
Interesting. So if this was “free” due to no billing mechanism all along, and no lease companies were paying for fleet connectivity, how come for lex it’s a year, but others it’s 30 days?

Did the trial period change from a year to 30 days in December or something?