Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any Russian commander with an IQ over 80 would know to use those munitions on military targets

Any Russian politian knows that the way to seize and maintain power is by terrorizing the civilian population. They just can't understand why the unwashed mob in UA won't submit.

CLEARLY (in the minds of Russians) the Ukrainians just need more terror. /s

That's what we're dealing with here, folks. There is no easy way to fix this w/o regime change, and THAT will have to be somewhat organic if this is not to spread into a wider conflict. It's a delicate chess-game, but Russians are known for their strategic skill.

Last edited:
Any Russian politians knows that the way to seize and maintian power is by terrorizing the civilian population. They just can't understand why the unwashed mob in UA won't submit.

CLEARLY (in the minds of Russians) the Ukrainians just need more terror. /s

That's what we're dealing with here, folks. There is no way to fix this w/o regime change, and THAT will have to be somewhat organic if this is not to spread to a wider conflict. It's a delicate chess-game, but Russians are known for their strategic skill.

What incentive could the people have to reciprocally make examples of the corrupt officials, like in a tv series I cannot remember?

The United States is wiring Ukraine with sensors that can detect‌‌ bursts of radiation from a nuclear weapon or a dirty bomb and can confirm the identity of the attacker.

If Russia detonates a radioactive weapon on Ukrainian soil under any guise, its atomic signature would be rapidly discerned. This would deter Russia from a false flag operation, denying them the use nuclear weapons in Ukraine without attribution.

U.S. Wires Ukraine With Radiation Sensors to Detect Nuclear Blasts

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
The missile attacks are horrible, absolutely, so no one take my next line as anything such. Missiles used on civilians like this are plain stupid on Russia's part, they have limited long-range munitions and are using them on non-military targets, only cementing the resolve of the citizens, politicians, western allies, and pretty much everyone else. Any Russian commander with an IQ over 80 would know to use those munitions on military targets . . . you know, the guys shooting back at you.

Politicians and some military strategists keep thinking that strategic bombing of civilian populations will make the civilians surrender. It did work when things looked hopeless such as the Germans bombing Warsaw or Rotterdam. But most of the time it was usually counterproductive.

If the civilian population feels like their army can at least hold off the enemy, strategic bombing of cities just makes the population more resolved than ever to resist. The physical damage usually isn't worth turning the civilian population against you. Especially since Russia's goal was to permanently occupy the country and absorb the Ukrainian population into Russia.

These missile attacks is a political thing on the part of Russia. Strategically it's stupid.

In other news, Ukraine has been busy

This could be a big deal for the Black Sea Fleet. If Russia doesn't have the tank farm to keep their ships fueled at Sevastapol, they might have to pull back to Russia.

"Two Patriot systems are currently on duty, but this is not enough, Yuriy Ignat said.

"We need much more to work on ballistics, because both Patriot and Samp-T can work in a radius of up to 40 kilometers, and not up to 150 kilometers, as in the case of the aircraft version. Therefore, we need many of such systems, but even they will not be able to close all of Ukraine. That's why we talk about the F-16 every day," the Air Force spokesman said. [My underline.]"

This speaks poorly of the character against everyone who won’t help those being raped, tortured and murdered by Russians. It’s a clear cut case that this is happening to innocent children and adults.

"Two Patriot systems are currently on duty, but this is not enough, Yuriy Ignat said.

"We need much more to work on ballistics, because both Patriot and Samp-T can work in a radius of up to 40 kilometers, and not up to 150 kilometers, as in the case of the aircraft version. Therefore, we need many of such systems, but even they will not be able to close all of Ukraine. That's why we talk about the F-16 every day," the Air Force spokesman said. [My underline.]"

Who are the American congressmen and others that US citizens could most effectively lobby (e-mail) to increase our aid to Ukraine in the most effectively?

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate

I think the reason Biden is hesitating on the F-16s is China. China may be threatening to do something if Ukraine gets them.

China has already threatened that they will start supplying Russia with any military equipment they want if Ukraine doesn't come to the negotiating table and basically give up territory. They may have made the same threat privately if the west provides aircraft.

I think the reason Biden is hesitating on the F-16s is China. China may be threatening to do something if Ukraine gets them.

China has already threatened that they will start supplying Russia with any military equipment they want if Ukraine doesn't come to the negotiating table and basically give up territory. They may have made the same threat privately if the west provides aircraft.
I haven't seen that suggestion at all. The initial reasoning given is they simply aren't ready for them, but the counterargument is that the US should have prepared them for that and would have at least started the process if the decision was made earlier. The other argument is that they could be used to strike deep into Russian territory, which so far remains the most concrete reason for US restrictions on multiple weapon types. The other reasoning is doubt they would necessarily change much in the war, given there haven't really been much of an air war, plus they still have migs getting delivered to them.

This article seems to cover most of the possible reasons:
Why Biden Doesn’t Want to Give Ukraine the Fighter Planes Zelensky Is Asking For

Wanted to rate this “!!”, but there was no such option, hence the “Disagree”.

Coddling Russia or China(?) like that should be out of the question IM(naive)HO, but please post a link to that Chinese threat, (I’m probably wrong) but I haven’t seen that threat anywhere.

Thanks.