Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a window. Some tea perhaps?...

"Former Russian Commander Who Criticized Putin Found Dead in Mysterious Circumstances​

During his time as commander, Lieutenant General Vladimir Sviridov complained about the conditions and poor training of Russian pilots, suggesting things were better under previous presidents.

by Kyiv Post | November 16, 2023, 11:54 am

A former Russian commander who once critizised President Putin for running a “third-rate” air force, has been found dead alongside his wife at their home in the village of Adzhievsky in Stavropol region.

According to reports, Lieutenant General Vladimir Sviridov, 68, and his wife Tatyana, 72, had been dead for around a week before their bodies were found on Nov. 15. [..."

Last edited:
I didn't say in the NAZI case it was successful, but they certainly expended resources on it, and not just in Germany, but wherever they could find ersatz Aryan-like females. As nuts as as Putler is, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this would be attempted since he knows his population is shrinking and so are his hordes of cannon fodder. Eventually he'll run out of prisoners and minorities to kill off in pointless meat wave assaults.

Hungary has been paying women to have children for a few years now.

An earlier post of mine with this screen shot was deleted by the mod, because unfortunately some famous person's comment agreeing with this sentiment was also on that picture. I removed that person's reply to this tweet and posting it again. And also added the link so that one can read the full WSJ article.

Hopefully this post will stay

1700233926633.png

Last edited:

Didn't see any new information except this:

Now, we learn that the situation on the battlefield in Ukraine ‘is much more difficult than NATO expected’, Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has admitted during a press conference in Brussels, further acknowledging that Russia started an offensive operation surrounding Avdiivka.

The Ukrainian marines river crossing appears to be progressing well:

Didn't see any new information except this:

I don't see how he came to that conclusion. The stalemate arguments are more credible. Russia has been trying to attack at Avdivika, but their losses have been staggering and their gains very minimal.

Putin is paranoid about doing another round of mobilization before the election next year. He will fake the election results, but Lukashenko had to severely cook the books to look like he won and he suffered from a lot of unrest afterwards. Putin can't afford any unrest because it could really kick off. His internal security forces are weaker than they were before the war. He sent part of them into Ukraine where they were killed. Only the most loyal go into the internal security forces and finding replacements is more difficult these days.

Putin is desperate to have something good to say about the war by the election and he can't start mobilizing people before that. So he is throwing away a lot of lives trying to take another small town. He is bleeding out his forces doing it. The cost has been staggeringly high in both men and equipment.

Avdivika is not a success for Russia. They have gained ground, but estimates are around 40,000 dead as well as hundreds of tanks, APVs, and artillery.

Russia is doing Ukraine a favor with this offensive. Every Russian who dies at Avdivika is a Russian who won't be able to man a trench and stop the Ukrainian offensive.

While the Russians are losing lives by the thousands at Avdivika, the Ukrainians are slowly but steadily expanding their bridgehead on the Dnipro. The logistics of getting large numbers of vehicles across the river and the supplies to sustain them makes this front difficult to turn into a breakout, but they are making progress there. At minimum the Dnipro bridgehead is stretching Russian resources even thinner.

Russia is going to have a rough winter. They don't have troops prepared for the winter weather. A mild winter could be rougher on Russians than a cold one. The "wet cold" range of temps from about -5 C to +5 C (roughly low 20s F to low 40s F) is more dangerous than temps a bit below that. When temps get colder than about -5 C, the air gets drier and for a range of about 10 C, the cold is easier to manage than the wet cold range. Once temps start getting below about -15 C it gets dangerous again because even though it's dry, it's so bloody cold that hypothermia and frostbite are a constant problem.

In the wet cold range, especially when temps are crossing the freezing point of water back and forth, damp seeping into clothing and shelters is a constant problem. Hypothermia and things like trench foot become a major problem. Sitting around with wet feet in that kind of weather leads to disease problems. Wet feet also increase the risk of frostbite when the weather turns cold.

Disciplined armies constantly police the troops to ensure they are keeping their feet dry and maintaining good cold weather practices. The Russians are even less disciplined this winter then last winter. Last winter their cold injury rate was extremely high. Troops getting high will make this even worse.

The Ukrainians have good cold weather equipment and they have the discipline to stay healthy. They had some cold injuries last winter, but their rate was small compared to the Russians.

A lot of Russian troops come from Siberia so they have some life experience with cold, but Siberia is more of the dry, severe cold than the wet cold they are facing soon in Ukraine. They also grew up with houses that were warmed they could go back to and warm up. They don't have that in a trench in Ukraine.

At this point neither side is clearly winning. It's clear that Russia isn't winning and can't win. Ukraine is struggling, but they need to keep up the pressure until something breaks in Russia.

What would happen if one side decided to sprinkle the other side with fentanyl pills?

If the Ukrainians are providing the drugs it's a brilliant move though terrible for the victims. There were widespread stories of Russian mobiks getting drunk a few months back. Alcoholism among men in Russia is endemic. The Russians may have done a job policing the alcohol so less of it was getting to the troops. So they ended up with an army of addicts jonesing for their next high. Pump fentanyl into that population and they are going to go for it like any dry addict would. There are probably a lot of overdose problems too.

If the Ukrainians are providing the drugs it's a brilliant move though terrible for the victims. There were widespread stories of Russian mobiks getting drunk a few months back. Alcoholism among men in Russia is endemic. The Russians may have done a job policing the alcohol so less of it was getting to the troops. So they ended up with an army of addicts jonesing for their next high. Pump fentanyl into that population and they are going to go for it like any dry addict would. There are probably a lot of overdose problems too.
Certainly gives to me another meaning to the term "use of chemical weapons".

I wonder, is it a war crime if the enemy combatant voluntarily affects themselves with the "chemical weapon" that you made available to them? Seems like at most it is illegal distribution of a controlled substance, to me (and that's assuming it's a controlled substance in Ukraine, whose laws should be the ones applying to the area in question, etc), but I imagine their lawyers could argue it was instead just improper disposal, since they just used the enemy lines as a garbage dump...

• Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
Don't feed the...

Stoltenberg did not make the claims including "Russia is winning... says Stoltenberg." This is a fake news website.

You're right. I didn't notice the source. The Gateway Pundit is a garbage dump. The Onion is more accurate.

Yes, if provided by the Ukrainians. It's possible they are getting the drugs through Russian channels.

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
same thing that is happening in the US :(
Actually if Russia responds by buying huge quantities of the drug from China it could cut into the supply in the US. Hopefully the Ukrainian forces aren't prone to killing themselves. Though it isn't surprising that mobics who are faced with certain death would be.

Drugs...

Or the Russian Federation troops spend more time in urban areas, the infrastructure of large scale drug supply is set up now, or Russian Federation troops/officials who are meant to help with barracks, logistics and training see an easy way to make money/buy themselves out of the war.