Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stop making a fool of yourself and denying the obvious. The camera looks from south to north. The facade of the house hit by the rocket looks south, towards Kharkov. Open panoramas and videos and see with your own eyes.

Your video is indeed from south, but your video does not show the flight path of the incoming projectile, which means that the projectile came from the opposite (North) side of the building (flight path obstructed by the building).

Last edited:
Your video is indeed from south, but your video does not show the flight path of the incoming projectile, which means that the projectile came from the opposite side of the building (flight path obstructed by the building).
The chronology of the destruction of the building and the spreading of debris in the photo reports suggests the opposite. And I doubt that an ordinary amateur surveillance camera of a resident of a neighboring house is able to record the trajectory of a projectile flying at a speed of 6500 km/h.

The chronology of the destruction of the building and the spreading of debris in the photo reports suggests the opposite. And I doubt that an ordinary amateur surveillance camera of a resident of a neighboring house is able to record the trajectory of a projectile flying at a speed of 6500 km/h.
Would be interesting to have video from the north to see if the spreading debri is less than, greater or equal. What do you think, would it / should it be more or less than debri spread in the south?

I'm not 100% sure but I think that number is casualties, not KIA.
Great catch, I googled a bit and suspect you're right, altho haven't been able to confirm one way or the other. OTOH, I agree with the sentiment that has been expressed here before that Russia probably has a higher percentage of MIA and WIA that end up dying due to various factors (including complaints and stories from Russian soldiers).

Great catch, I googled a bit and suspect you're right, altho haven't been able to confirm one way or the other. OTOH, I agree with the sentiment that has been expressed here before that Russia probably has a higher percentage of MIA and WIA that end up dying due to various factors (including complaints and stories from Russian soldiers).
It's probably improved in the past two years but reports in the beginning of the Great Patriotic Rape and Pillage Special Operation were that any serious wound of a Russian resulted in death since their combat medical care was pretty much non-existent. So in the beginning there was a higher percentage of deaths to wounded then in the Ukrainian forces which used more western combat medical care procedures. Haven''t seen any reports on that in a long time.

Much of this is due to the long U.S. delay in resupplying Ukraine and Europe's (and elsewhere in the West) slow response to build up and deliver supplies from long neglected defense spending/infrastructure. But also the calculus has been shifting more towards it being cheaper to attack in this manner than to defend. Only good news for Russia in the short term as that also means it will be increasingly raining drones, cruise missiles, and other projectiles in Russia. Kill the archer, as they say...

I realize that and some are giving him the third degree....but there are 300 million Russians...so it’s possible to speak to a real one

There might be 300 million ethnic Russians in the world, but Russia itself only has about 144 million people.

Yes, this is a record.
Tracking Russia's losses in Ukraine

Russia is taking heavy casualties trying to capture Kharkhiv.

@AlekseiNovikov, considering Russia has long been using foreign weapons for deep strikes into Ukraine (such as from Iran and North Korea), do you agree it would then be appropriate for Ukraine to use foreign weapons to strike deeply into Russia?
It's just not Ukraine's m.o. to be an asshole like Russia and Israel to target civilian sites unless they are oil refineries.

If hitting civilian sites is your only path to win the war you have already lost at the premise by modern moral standards.

Wars are not moral though, unless you need public support.

It's counter-productive for Ukraine to be targetting civilians. They have a small number of (generally) high precision weapons and use them accordingly - to strike targets which will disrupt Russia's further occupation and destruction of Ukraine.

There are plenty of well documented cases of Russia hitting their own civilians with their own weapons. Of course, there are going to be some civilian casualties as a result of Ukraine firing at or defending from Russia, but it's a small number compared to what Russia does.

Last edited:
From today’s Guardian

• Ukraine’s security service, the SBU, said it thwarted a Russian operation in Kyiv to set off bombs disguised in packages of tea in builders’ markets, and a car bomb outside a cafe. A defence enterprise in the western city of Lviv was also a target. Two Russian military agents were detained on suspicion of involvement and 19 explosive devices were seized, the Ukrainian prosecutor general’s office said. The SBU said the four Kyiv bombs had been intended for detonation in the capital on 9 May when Russia celebrates victory over Nazi Germany in 1945. The Lviv attack was meant to happen in February, the SBU said.

And…perhaps another argument to get on with renewable energy because, well, no fuel is required:

IMG_2177.jpeg

IMG_2178.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

IMG_2180.jpeg

Kharkiv battle update. Doesn't sound good.

The Russians have committed one of the largest forces in this entire war on one target. The Ukrainians reported another 1400 Russian casualties yesterday
Casualties of Russia in Ukraine - official data

The vehicle losses have dropped a bit, which tells me the Russians are trying to take Kharkhiv with meat waves. Russian losses are going to be staggering if they continue down this road.

The Russians are throwing so many bodies at the Ukrainian lines that the Ukrainians are having to fall back, but they are inflicting huge casualties before they withdraw.