Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2167.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Looking at the details of Putin's firing of his minister of defense Shoigu today is telling. He replaced Shoigu with an economist (Belousov), not someone with military experience and with someone of nearly no executive experience whatsoever. Shoigu was given a large part of the fall for Putin’s failure to capture Kiev at the outset of the full scale invasion and further embarrassing Russian setbacks that year.

Now with Plan A and Plan B failed, Putin feels compelled to dig in for the long haul. In that sense, Putin's ostensibly strange decision here makes some sense. War costs continue to climb in Russia with almost 1/3 their federal budget now allocated to national defense this year. As noted earlier in this thread, Putin will be implementing a progressive tax increase scheme to help fund these spiraling costs so is further reshuffling the deck and drawing his hand picked economist card.

Psssst, hey U.S. Army I got a tip for you: let Ukraine test, save thousands of dollars and get real war test results. :)
Quote:
The MTMS’s ability to shoot on the move, conduct direct fire missions, and execute Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact missions fills a crucial gap in the Army’s arsenal. Furthermore, its integration into the AMPV offers enhanced force protection, keeping soldiers sheltered under vehicle armor.

Last edited:

The first AGM-88s transferred to Ukraine were the oldest versions that had to be set to a target before takeoff and the Ukrainian aircraft didn't have the onboard equipment to use the more modern features. The newer versions have the ability to be set in the air and apparently Ukraine has some aircraft that can use these weapons now. I believe some of the MiG-29s transferred from European allies had NATO equipment installed.

The newer AGM-88s are designed for just this mission.

Looking at the details of Putin's firing of his minister of defense Shoigu today is telling. He replaced Shoigu with an economist (Belousov), not someone with military experience and with someone of nearly no executive experience whatsoever. Shoigu was given a large part of the fall for Putin’s failure to capture Kiev at the outset of the full scale invasion and further embarrassing Russian setbacks that year.

Now with Plan A and Plan B failed, Putin feels compelled to dig in for the long haul. In that sense, Putin's ostensibly strange decision here makes some sense. War costs continue to climb in Russia with almost 1/3 their federal budget now allocated to national defense this year. As noted earlier in this thread, Putin will be implementing a progressive tax increase scheme to help fund these spiraling costs so is further reshuffling the deck and drawing his hand picked economist card.

Shoigu didn't have any military experience either. Though he held a number of other government posts before being appointed Minister of Defense.

Being an ex-government official in Putin's Russia is not usually a recipe for a long retirement. Putin tends to retire people permanently rather than put them out to pasture.

He's lying. I studied the surveillance camera footage, street shots, and satellite images. I noted in the photos the location of the surveillance camera and the place where the missile hit. The missile definitely came from the direction where Ukraine is located.

The address of the destroyed house: Belgorod, Shchorsa, 55A
Coordinates: 50.557273, 36.579170

He is not lying, he might be misinformed. Also you might be misinformed. Don't call it lying, it's not nice.

Can you find me a google maps footage of this location to prove your perspective, which shows the street views of the buildings?

The first question to ask here or on any topic if any news outlet gets funding from its government, is if it is critical of the highest person in power of that government. If the answer is never or nearly such, that outlet is a pure government propaganda disinformation mouthpiece.

If an outlet is in the business of "news", it's in it for the cliks, not the facts. Sometimes facts are involved.

Reactions: UncaNed
Article accuses Ukraine of not preparing adequately for Russia's invasion North of Kharkiv.
Quote: ... Their advances are only a few miles deep but have swallowed up around 100km (62 miles) of Ukrainian territory. In the more heavily defended east of Ukraine, it’s taken Russia months to achieve the same.
“There was no first line of defence. We saw it. The Russians just walked in. They just walked in, without any mined fields” he says.

He shows me video from a drone feed taken a few days ago of small columns of Russian troops simply walking across the border, unopposed.

He says officials had claimed that defences were being built at huge cost, but in his view, those defences simply weren’t there. “Either it was an act of negligence, or corruption. It wasn’t a failure. It was a betrayal”.
“Of course I’m angry,” Denys says. “When we were fighting back for this territory in 2022, we lost thousands of people. We risked our lives.

"And now because someone didn’t build fortifications, we’re losing people again.”

There appear to be 'quite some questions' about the source behind that article...

BROSINT running around screaming how all is lost based on a post from a guy, who's identity both our journos & soldiers can't confirm for like 2 years. Here is translated example
As has been stated before, multiple times, those who dont participate - stfu and wait for proper info

twitter.com/jeanosis_ef/status/1789767122366673376

Out of curiosity can you refer to this as a war without getting imprisoned?
I can. I've done it more than once.
Also, out of curiosity, how many Russian soldiers do you think have died in this war so far?
I have no reliable information. I think these figures are greatly distorted by both the Ukrainian and Russian sides.
I can provide reliable information only for my region of residence. We have an independent "memory book". To date, 795 military personnel have died from my region (the region's population is about 1 million people).
You'd like to think so, but that can also be said about a lot of Westerners who never question the version of the truth served up to them by the media they choose to consume.
Well said

I have no reliable information. I think these figures are greatly distorted by both the Ukrainian and Russian sides.
I can provide reliable information only for my region of residence. We have an independent "memory book". To date, 795 military personnel have died from my region (the region's population is about 1 million people).
Sure, but as seen from the map I posted, they aren't recruiting from your region anywhere near as much as other, less affluent, ones. It doesn't surprise me you are less affected by the war in your location. Putin is trying to keep you and people like you isolated from the effects as much as possible so you won't question him. You do see that, I hope?

Sure, but as seen from the map I posted, they aren't recruiting from your region anywhere near as much as other, less affluent, ones. It doesn't surprise me you are less affected by the war in your location. Putin is trying to keep you and people like you isolated from the effects as much as possible so you won't question him. You do see that, I hope?
Do you call my region rich?) On the contrary, my region is quite poor. He is ranked 77th out of 89.