Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If a drone could map them, then another drone could probably hit them, even if the second drone is consumed in the process.

If this can be done, drones are probably the cheapest and safest solutions.

Allegedly:

"Russian Deputy Vitaly Milonov proposes to introduce forced insemination for unmarried women over 24 years old. “Until the age of 24, they danced at discos, it’s time to take care of the state,” the deputy explained"

This Ellie person that is the source here made her account private (or whatever the correct term is on X/Twitter). Did she or her family/friends get threatened by the RU Dictator's minions?...

Attachments

• ellie.png
    ellie.png
    380.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
It isn't hard to see why wars drive innovation.

Personally I would be trying a very heavy chain dragged behind a remote controlled truck, as the tuck turns, driving in a sine wave pattern (with some random variation) there is some chance that the chain will trigger some mines., The first mine it hits will break the chain, but if we are lucky that triggers additional denotations and might not take out the truck. Regardless the trucks keep going until they themselves hit mines.

The chains could be similar to anchor chains big boats, not overly expensive, and hopefully they trigger some mines. A a bonus they could have a conventional "rake-plough" from a tractor at the end of the chain, that widens the contact area.

For the trucks have trade in incentives in the US, EU and supportive countries where the government provides a cheap loan for an EV truck if an ICE truck is traded in, in turn the government keeps the ICE truck to ship to Ukraine. Ukraine can keep the best trucks to use as trucks.

Trucks don't need to be full sized class 8 trucks anything with sufficient power to pull the chain can do the job and pickups might tow a smaller lighter chain, any pickup, SUV, or large truck might be able to do the job.

If we can source sufficient volumes of replacement EV trucks we achieve the dual aims of electrifying the fleet, and helping Ukraine.

I know the truck bodies will clog up the field, but a bulldozer can eventually push them up into a pile.

If the trucks draw drones and artillery fire, that doesn't matter they are considered disposable.

The element of surprise would be having these trucks working in small groups in a lot of different areas close to the front line and monitoring results with drones. The Russians would not necessarily know which of these areas Ukraine intended to attack. But Ukraine can find areas with no mines, or clear some areas or at least get some ides of where it would be best to deploy the proper demining equipment.

Considering the density of the mine fields, dragging chains behind a truck isn't going to work. In almost every case the truck will hit mines before the chains do anything. Another thing is the chains just dragged on the ground probably won't create enough ground pressure to set off most of the mines.

Chains have been used to set off mines. Flail tanks were used in WW II.
Mine flail - Wikipedia

There are some flail vehicles in service now, though I haven't seen anything about any being sent to Ukraine.

It isn't hard to see why wars drive innovation.

Personally I would be trying a very heavy chain dragged behind a remote controlled truck, as the tuck turns, driving in a sine wave pattern (with some random variation) there is some chance that the chain will trigger some mines., The first mine it hits will break the chain, but if we are lucky that triggers additional denotations and might not take out the truck. Regardless the trucks keep going until they themselves hit mines.

The chains could be similar to anchor chains big boats, not overly expensive, and hopefully they trigger some mines. A a bonus they could have a conventional "rake-plough" from a tractor at the end of the chain, that widens the contact area.

For the trucks have trade in incentives in the US, EU and supportive countries where the government provides a cheap loan for an EV truck if an ICE truck is traded in, in turn the government keeps the ICE truck to ship to Ukraine. Ukraine can keep the best trucks to use as trucks.

Trucks don't need to be full sized class 8 trucks anything with sufficient power to pull the chain can do the job and pickups might tow a smaller lighter chain, any pickup, SUV, or large truck might be able to do the job.

If we can source sufficient volumes of replacement EV trucks we achieve the dual aims of electrifying the fleet, and helping Ukraine.

I know the truck bodies will clog up the field, but a bulldozer can eventually push them up into a pile.

If the trucks draw drones and artillery fire, that doesn't matter they are considered disposable.

The element of surprise would be having these trucks working in small groups in a lot of different areas close to the front line and monitoring results with drones. The Russians would not necessarily know which of these areas Ukraine intended to attack. But Ukraine can find areas with no mines, or clear some areas or at least get some ides of where it would be best to deploy the proper demining equipment.
Anti-tank mines usually contain between 2 and 9 kg of explosive, and their fusing mechanism requires a pressure of about 100-300 kg to activate it.

Please folks, think about stuff.

The Ukrainians are desperate for any old 4WD or even 2WD clunker for use as a support vehicle for their front line troops. If you want to help then this is the way to do it. Let them figure out the best job for each vehicle.

This is how good Russian artillery is, after a year of practice. Time from the Ukraine vehicles reaching disembark point (south of Robotdyne, the first set of big Russian lines to be engaged) to being very preciselt hit by Russian artillery is minutes even taking into account editing. Fortunately most were debussed by then. Note that Russian artillery losses were only 10 yesterday - there is a fresh batch that is now being exposed for attention. Worth the Ukraine forces taking the gamble as they were able to get forwards quite a long way on some unmined tracks between the lines.

(some flail units have been sent - I've seen pictures of some Sewedish remote controlled flail units in Ukraine, plus Leos with flail attachments. The Leo flails can take 4 bangs before endex, at least that is what the driver said after he hit the 6th.)

This is how good Russian artillery is, after a year of practice. Time from the Ukraine vehicles reaching disembark point (south of Robotdyne, the first set of big Russian lines to be engaged) to being very preciselt hit by Russian artillery is minutes even taking into account editing. Fortunately most were debussed by then. Note that Russian artillery losses were only 10 yesterday - there is a fresh batch that is now being exposed for attention. Worth the Ukraine forces taking the gamble as they were able to get forwards quite a long way on some unmined tracks between the lines.
For some reason that second link does not show, just south of Robotdyne, here it is again

You may need to go to "https://twitter.com /markito0171/status/1684911851396608000" as the twitter link does not seem to play well with TMC for some reason.

Anti-tank mines usually contain between 2 and 9 kg of explosive, and their fusing mechanism requires a pressure of about 100-300 kg to activate it.

Please folks, think about stuff.

The Ukrainians are desperate for any old 4WD or even 2WD clunker for use as a support vehicle for their front line troops. If you want to help then this is the way to do it. Let them figure out the best job for each vehicle.

(some flail units have been sent - I've seen pictures of some Sewedish remote controlled flail units in Ukraine, plus Leos with flail attachments. The Leo flails can take 4 bangs before endex, at least that is what the driver said after he hit the 6th.)
Those are some very sketchy looking links to donate. How do we know where the money really goes?

Reactions: bhzmark
Those are some very sketchy looking links to donate. How do we know where the money really goes?

Agreed. I think the @warmonitor exTwitter is legit, he's got a long history of posting interesting and useful info. However, his posting that Clunkers for Cash seems like a mistake to me, like he was taken in as well.

The links go to a Pastebin like QuickNote page, which is just trash web site hosting and full of scams. This particular one uses imagery from Alex Bond, then tells you not to use Alex Bond's email because... "it's a scam." Sure pal. The address links are in Belgium, not Ukraine.

This guy does accept BTC and Ethereum, but not apparently Dogecoin. Unless you find this guy on better vetted lists, I would strongly suggest this is just a scam.

My metric for the internet as a whole, and what I finally convinced my 90 year old Dad- "If it came from the internet, it's a scam, until proven otherwise."

Edit: This is going to be a huge, huge problem for all of us in the future. The rise of ChatGPT AI means that you will no longer be able to tell truth from fiction, and it will all be well written English instead of partly broken Google Translates. Vetting your sources is going to be critical, random exTwitter and YouTube trash is already unreliable. Google searches themselves are based on popularity by how the algorithm works, not accuracy.

That Ruzzia cheerleader post from the banned account: Russia/Ukraine conflict is a very good example. I'm nearly certain that was written by ChatGPT

Last edited:
Agreed. I think the @warmonitor exTwitter is legit, he's got a long history of posting interesting and useful info. However, his posting that Clunkers for Cash seems like a mistake to me, like he was taken in as well.

The links go to a Pastebin like QuickNote page, which is just trash web site hosting and full of scams. This particular one uses imagery from Alex Bond, then tells you not to use Alex Bond's email because... "it's a scam." Sure pal. The address links are in Belgium, not Ukraine.

This guy does accept BTC and Ethereum, but not apparently Dogecoin. Unless you find this guy on better vetted lists, I would strongly suggest this is just a scam.

My metric for the internet as a whole, and what I finally convinced my 90 year old Dad- "If it came from the internet, it's a scam, until proven otherwise."
Scammers always take advantage of current disasters. I have no idea if that is the case here. I've donated directly to the Ukrainian Government. UNITED24 - The initiative of the President of Ukraine

If UKR needs old used pickups, then why doesn't the Democratic West just buy X% of used trucks on the European market and send them to UKR?

I know there is allegedly at least one ex-Swedish Special Forces Operator that buys stuff incl. old pickups and delivers them to the Ukrainains. And I think there is some other Swedish org. that also does this. But I haven't vetted them myself. I am unfortunately not in a position were I feel financially comfortable with giving some of my own personal money away...

If anyone is interested I'm guessing orgs like these can be found...

Allegedly:

The railway bridge between occupied Krym and the occupied mainland of southern Ukraine has been hit by a Storm Shadow robot.

Source:

EDIT: NOT sensitive. Just a lanscape picture and 2 satellite photos...

Also allegedly:

It looks like the adjacent car bridge from Krym to the southern mainland has also been cut.

Source:
https://twitter.com/UkrainianCrew

EDIT: One of those X-links that doesnt work.

Copy this to see the tweet:

https://twitter.com/ UkrainianCrew/status/1685320446319665152?s=20

If UKR needs old used pickups, then why doesn't the Democratic West just buy X% of used trucks on the European market and send them to UKR?

I know there is allegedly at least one ex-Swedish Special Forces Operator that buys stuff incl. old pickups and delivers them to the Ukrainains. And I think there is some other Swedish org. that also does this. But I haven't vetted them myself. I am unfortunately not in a position were I feel financially comfortable with giving some of my own personal money away...

If anyone is interested I'm guessing orgs like these can be found...
Sure, orgs can be found, they’ll take your money gladly, but again…

Last edited:

Edit: This is going to be a huge, huge problem for all of us in the future. The rise of ChatGPT AI means that you will no longer be able to tell truth from fiction, and it will all be well written English instead of partly broken Google Translates. Vetting your sources is going to be critical, random exTwitter and YouTube trash is already unreliable. Google searches themselves are based on popularity by how the algorithm works, not accuracy.

That Ruzzia cheerleader post from the banned account: Russia/Ukraine conflict is a very good example. I'm nearly certain that was written by ChatGPT
Let's ask ChatGPT if it was written by ChatGPT.😎😜

Ukraine war: Putin says Russia does not reject peace talks
These talks won't get anywhere but that is still important step towards more peace talks in the winter when maybe both sides are not shooting at each other so much.

I am sure that peace would come at the cost of the land Russia has annexed, no NATO at all, etc. Bare minimum is all land taken before the war is given back.

What should be done is borders go back to before Russia annexed Crimea, etc in 2014.

No way Russia should be awarded territory for the sake of peace. It won't be a permanent peace.