Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Allegedly, and for what it may be worth:...

twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1735022792855167202

Talk is cheap when one of the parties at the table are not acting in good faith.

Saw this unsettling (to put it mildly) two minute video on the Reddit feed today (screenshot); Ukrainian POWs being used as human shields:

IMG_1693.jpeg

Edit: @SwedishAdvocate beat me to it.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
If Russia is truly using large quanities of prisoners and ethnic minorities to staff their front lines, then in the eyes of many in Moscow, those losses are really not a big issue.
If Russia is using mostly their older, outdated and obsolete armor, then that loss, also, will not be considered as a huge loss. After the war, they can simply restock their reserves with more updated weaponry. Stockpiles of old ammunition is cheaper to dispose of against the enemy, than to safely decommission it due to age.

Russia is running out of prisoners and the ethnic minorities are getting restless. They are largely using the obsolete vehicles because the newer ones were destroyed. And unlike the west, they never decommissioned any old ammunition. They just store it away for a rainy day. Some of that old stuff was very unstable. It's amazing they didn't have any trains blow up.

Russia's stockpiles were built up over decades at Soviet Union production rates which drew from the industrial base of the entire USSR and Warsaw Pact. Their current military production capacity is a shadow of what they could build back in the Soviet days. When the fighting stops they can rebuild, but it's going to be slow and it's going to put a staggering strain on a very weak economy.

One of the scenarios for the end of this war is Russia turns itself into a hermit kingdom like North Korea and converts all possible production into military production. That is the only way they could rebuild the army in anything short of 50 years. If Moscow manages to hold onto the entire country it is a possible scenario. And probably the worst one for NATO.

"Orban left the room" 😂
If I'd been there I'd lock the door and make sure he didn't have a key to get back in, ever.

I take it that the impediment to start the process has been removed? So, what does it mean in the big picture? Does it mean the process can now start? Serious question.

I take it that the impediment to start the process has been removed? So, what does it mean in the big picture? Does it mean the process can now start? Serious question.
Orban, the impediment, got his 10B bribe to STFU. Hopefully if he pulls a fast one and still blocks Ukraine, they can rescind his bribe.

The bribe was originally going to be not a bribe, but then it was withheld as punishment for being Putler's lap dog back sliding in regards to freedom and democracy. But he extorted the rest of the EU over Ukraine membership so they finally gave him his bribe in exchange for not blocking Ukraine membership.

"Orban left the room" 😂
If I'd been there I'd lock the door and make sure he didn't have a key to get back in, ever.

Can you imagine the tone of the conversation on the phone to the Kremlin after this? 🤕 🪦

The Warthog Defense YouTube channel has been taken down.

IIRC it was a pro-Ukrainian channel with a computerized voice and lots of stock footage. IMHO it was not a great source of timely, accurate information so I had mostly stopped paying much attention to it. But the circumstances for it getting taken down seem fishy. My guess is pro-Russian bots or agents sent in a bunch of complaints. Even though I wasn't a big fan, I hope the channel gets reinstated.

(Bloomberg) -- Russia’s central bank raised interest rates for the fifth time in a row Friday, as policymakers seek to rein in persistent inflation that has far outstripped their target.

The Bank of Russia raised the benchmark to 16% from 15% at its last meeting this year, the highest level since April 2022.

Why Ukraine can beat Russia and why that matters to America

What a difference a year makes. Sadly now the leadership in the US House avoids Ukraine entirely despite the fact that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are fighting to defend western democracy.
One year ago, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky addressed a joint session of Congress. Lawmakers hailed him as a hero defender of democracy against an aggressive Russia, whose leader threatened Europe and the United States.

After I saw this (screenshot below), I guess I have my answer:

IMG_1695.jpeg

So, can individual EU countries take some of their “EU funding” envelope and simply relabel it “Ukraine funding”?

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
After I saw this (screenshot below), I guess I have my answer:

View attachment 999701
So, can individual EU countries take some of their “EU funding” envelope and simply relabel it “Ukraine funding”?

They will continue after the holidays.

...] EU leaders decided to return to the discussion in January, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said.

Rutte said 26 EU countries were in agreement to provide Ukraine with the money from the EU budget until 2027, but Hungary was against that decision, which requires unanimity.

"We still have some time, Ukraine is not out of money in the next few weeks," [My u.] Rutte told reporters on leaving the talks. [...

And on your question on bi-lateral support:

As I understand it UKR will get bi-lateral support from EU countries in case they can't pass this EU-money thing. See for example this previous post:

Last edited:
The surreal Charade continues. The Russian Dictator purports to pass his Feudal empire off as some kind of democracy...