Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if they got some kind of intelligence (possibly fake) that there was going to be an attack on the celebration?
Or perhaps fear of a simple anti-war demonstration... But yes, fireworks could provide cover for weapons fire if it came to that (at least in the movies!). Makes things tough for law enforcement.

I hope 2024 is better than 2023 for all those suffering... What a crazy year...

So here are journalists who write all that anti-Ukrainian

Moderator Redacted Material.

Welcome to TMC and, especially, the Investor Sector. You likely know TMC is not a democracy; one reasonably accurate term might be a benevolent multi-headed dictatorship.
Be that - or whatever else - as it may, one ever-present rule is that garbage talk / potty language / four-letter AngloSaxonisms - vocabulary your grandmother would not use to her parents, in other words - NEVER is permitted here. That my 4…5…now 6-year old son reads just about everything that I do is as good a reason as any of the several I have.

I’ve not often had to enforce that in this thread - it is disgusting enough that in the 21st century such a thread is necessary that no scatological talk need be piled atop it, but no matter.

This also encompasses others’ writings being cited in a post. ZERO tolerance.

Find another way to write what you want to share on this thread.

Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO) [...], also known as MGIMO University) is an institute of higher education located in Moscow, Russia. The institute is run by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs [My underline] [...

If anyone wants to see the X-tweet/post that was redacted you can find it through the link below.

NOTE:
As it was so eloquently(?) worded by a mod – it contains one scatological word that violates TMC rules.

twitter.com/TonyaMaliei/status/1741212892811194865

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Tiger and CatB
Allegedly:

In seven regions of the Russian Federation, people watched "Putin's address" launched by Ukrainian hackers. Cyber experts who probably have something to do with the Security Service of Ukraine, they hacked the provider in the Russian Federation, so Russians from Saratov to Novosibirsk watched a video to the beat of the chimes, where the bunker man talks about great losses, and crazy spending on the war, and about migration policy and much more, - ukrainian mass media

twitter.com/LXSummer1/status/1741887540917912011?s=20

Allegedly:

In seven regions of the Russian Federation, people watched "Putin's address" launched by Ukrainian hackers. Cyber experts who probably have something to do with the Security Service of Ukraine, they hacked the provider in the Russian Federation, so Russians from Saratov to Novosibirsk watched a video to the beat of the chimes, where the bunker man talks about great losses, and crazy spending on the war, and about migration policy and much more, - ukrainian mass media

twitter.com/LXSummer1/status/1741887540917912011?s=20

Any translation what it says?

There was a branded dealership there at least in 2021. May not be official?

Yeah, they had FSD beta there too. It wasn't official either. :p

Hacked Tesla FSD Beta demo from Ukraine validates Elon Musk’s Autopilot vision | Sep 06, 2021

Reactions: madodel
As I understand it, the Russian Dictator launched at least 99 missiles and and 35 shahed drones at UKR in his latest terrorist attack. It could have been even worse though – two missiles did allegedly not make it to UKR territory.

Reports that one of the Russian missiles fell off in Russia's Voronezh during a missile attack on Ukraine.

A Russian village has been destroyed by a Russian missile.

twitter.com/clashreport/status/1742086524131303762?s=20

Russian cruise missile Kh-101 fell, or was shot down by Russian air defense fire, on Russian territory, near the village of Novotroitskaya, Stavropol region. ~425km from the frontline. [...

twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1741948551087751640?s=20

Really?...

According to the translation, at one point he said: "Democracy is the worst form of government [..."

I do of course not agree with that. And I don't think you do either.

Maybe there was something wrong with the translation... I don't speak Russian, but that channel's translations aren't always 100% grammatically correct English...
A lot of Russians, like some people elsewhere seem to love totalitarian dictatorships, in this case they just disagree with some of Putin's decisions which have resulted in consequences that affect them personally. Nalvany supposedly dislikes the corruption but has supposedly not had a problem with genocide of Ukraine, or at least a massive invasion of the country. Nationalist populism is a great way to manipulate the masses into supporting things that are detrimental to their own lives unless they can actually feel the pain themselves.

A lot of Russians, [...] seem to love totalitarian dictatorships [...

Based on what?

What would you say if the police could come and throw you into jail at any time for saying the 'wrong' thing?... They could probably get your children thrown out of university as well – and/or mobilize them and send them to the meet grinder in occupied Ukraine...

...] in this case they just disagree with some of Putin's decisions which have resulted in consequences that affect them personally. [...

That's not what he said.

...] Nalvany supposedly dislikes the corruption but has supposedly not had a problem with genocide of Ukraine, or at least a massive invasion of the country.

Yeah... I've seen his daughter interviewed in Western media. Why is she never asked about her father's 'view' on Crimea?...

EDIT: I spent some time on this and posted again about this topic below...

...] Nationalist populism is a great way to manipulate the masses into supporting things that are detrimental to their own lives unless they can actually feel the pain themselves.

Yes. But in the case of the Dictator's Russia, I would say that the by far 'biggest component' in all of this is what I wrote above. Again: "What would you say if the police could come and throw you into jail at any time for saying the 'wrong' thing?... They could probably get your children thrown out of university as well – and/or 'mobilize' them and send them to the meet grinder in occupied Ukraine..."

Last edited:
Based on what?

What would you say if the police could come and throw you into jail at any time for saying the 'wrong' thing?... They could probably get your children thrown out of university as well – and/or mobilize them and send them to the meet grinder in occupied Ukraine...

That's not what he said.

Yeah... I've seen his daughter interviewed in Western media. Why is she never asked about her father's 'view' on Crimea?...

Yes. But in the case of the Dictator's Russia, I would say that the by far 'biggest component' in all of this is what I wrote above. Again: "What would you say if the police could come and throw you into jail at any time for saying the 'wrong' thing?... They could probably get your children thrown out of university as well – and/or 'mobilize' them and send them to the meet grinder in occupied Ukraine..."

That 1420 channel actually explained it quite well in one of their community posts...

If we did a survey in the Soviet Union 😁

– Do you agree with the policy of the Soviet communist party?
– Yes!
– Do you agree with the policy of the general secretary?
– Oh, definitely yes!
– [interviewer getting more baffled] Don't you have any grievances about the current state of affairs to speak of?
– No, not at all, I think everything is the way TV is presenting it.
– I'm sorry, but do you actually have any opinions of your own?
– I do have my own opinions, but I disagree with them categorically!

...] Nalvany supposedly dislikes the corruption but has supposedly not had a problem with genocide of Ukraine, or at least a massive invasion of the country. [...

IDK...

WaPo and Wikipedia paints a more nuanced picture...

Don't know if this is paywalled or if they allow one read a month or some such...

From Wikipedia:
...] On 20 February 2023, he condemned Putin for "destroying" Russia's own future "just to make our country look bigger on the map" and said that Russia must end its occupation of Ukraine and recognise Ukraine's borders as they were established in 1991 after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Navalny also said Russia would have to pay post-war reparations to Ukraine and called for an international investigation into war crimes, saying: "Tens of thousands of innocent Ukrainians have been murdered and pain and suffering have befallen millions more."

From the Wizard of Id, this classic is also relevant :D

1704227361809.png

There was a branded dealership there at least in 2021. May not be official?
Street view is pretty awesome!

I'm not surprised "branded" stores exist in places where Tesla officially has no presence, and I haven't heard of Tesla going after too many people claiming to be official dealerships even in Canada. There was a car dealership in Winnipeg claiming to be an official dealership - they would order using their own referral codes for customers, tack on some $ for making delivery easier, and AFAIK never got sued or anything. They didn't brand themselves as a Tesla Store, though - it was a family autocorp that did multiple ICE brands. So technically they were lying, but the grey area is that I think they had training to do non-warranty service or something, and they continue to be a big Tesla proponent.

Turning this back to the war... I mean, how many times does Russia have to hit civilian targets to make a difference? It's not nearly the worst target, so it's easy to become numb to the "rules" of engagement... ("Hey, at least it's not a children's playground"). I guess if they had been reselling cybertrucks an argument could be made that it's quasi-military product... 😏

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12