Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Erdoğan has been postponing this for quite a while by now... Let's just say that I'm not getting my hopes up. And as I understand it – Erdoğan himself must also sign it... It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he just doesn't for whatever reason... And even if the Turkish parliament and Erdoğan ratifies Sweden, then that still leaves Hungary and Orbán...

Last edited:
This isn't the first time this A-10 thing has come up. I'm not a plane expert but I get the impression that sending A-10s might do more harm than good. These particular planes seem like they're built to operate with air superiority. I'm concerned that Ukraine would lose a lot of pilots flying these things.
I’m concerned anyone else pretends to know better than Ukraine what’s best for Ukraine.

Ukraine’s somehow managed to clear up the Black Sea for shipping; anyone following the news can see they’re effectively eviscerating Russia’s’ air superiority. I’d LOVE to see Warthogs ripping through Putins remaining outpost and weapons of war.

Seems like quite the sharp decline in Putler the Russian Dictator's missile strikes recently.

ukraina_ryssland_robotar.png

Source:

Either Russia is hoarding their current production for a massive wave of strikes coming, or they are having production problems. Hard to know which is the case.

There's something that just occurred to me that's so painfully obvious that I assume there's a reason they aren't doing this.

If the US is being completely dysfunctional at the moment then why doesn't the EU just buy weapons from us and give them to Ukraine? It doesn't look like the EU has any trouble coming up with cash and it's hard to imagine congress going out of their way to block an arms sale.

They may be working on that. The Biden administration is very quiet about anything going on until they have to reveal it.

This isn't the first time this A-10 thing has come up. I'm not a plane expert but I get the impression that sending A-10s might do more harm than good. These particular planes seem like they're built to operate with air superiority. I'm concerned that Ukraine would lose a lot of pilots flying these things.

A-10s would be toast if used the way they were originally intended - picking off enemy tanks with the 30mm cannon. But used like the Su-24s and Su-25s are launching weapons from behind friendly lines, they would be a good "delivery truck". The A-10 has lots of hard points and can carry a massive amount of ordinance. It would probably be best to remove the cannon from these planes. It weighs a lot and is useless in this role.

You probably don't want to change the C/G of this aircraft by removing the cannon.

Yep. A-10 is literally a flying GAU-8. It was designed around it. Remove it, you compromise the airframe.

I flew a plane designed around heavier diesels retrofitted with lighter lycoming IO-360’s and it was severely compromised in range, performance, and passenger occupancy.

General Staff: Russia has lost 375,270 troops in Ukraine

Russia has lost 375,270 troops in Ukraine since the beginning of its full-scale invasion on Feb. 24, 2022, the General Staff of Ukraine's Armed Forces reported on Jan. 20.

This number includes 750 casualties Russian forces suffered just over the past day.

According to the report, Russia has also lost 6,171 tanks, 11,455 armored fighting vehicles, 11,848 vehicles and fuel tanks, 8,868 artillery systems, 967 multiple-launch rocket systems, 654 air defense systems, 331 airplanes, 324 helicopters, 6,934 drones, 23 ships and boats, and one submarine.

Seems like quite the sharp decline in Putler the Russian Dictator's missile strikes recently.

ukraina_ryssland_robotar.png

Source:

Just thought of one reason Russia may be holding back missiles. There is a lot of talk of Ukraine's F-16s going active soon. They may be holding back the missiles to attack the F-16 fields when they start operations.

NATO struck the deal on behalf of several allies who will either pass on the shells to Ukraine or use them to stock up their own depleted inventories. Bulk buying ensures lower prices.

Why haven't the many Western homes & property used by the wives & children of Putin, Lavrov & Peskov been confiscated? It would send a clear message that while Putin expects the Russian people to suffer, his & his cronies families live in pampered luxury.

twitter.com/GlasnostGone/status/1749430328077189576