Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the UK has found a way to supply more Storm Shadow long range cruise missiles to UKR...

From this mornings Guardian:

Ukraine fatigue’: why I’m fighting to stop the world forgetting us

If you were 30% braver, what would you do to be a better ancestor?” the enthusiastic host asked a roomful of delegates in New York, gathered for a conference on democracy. “Take 60 seconds to think and share your answers in your small groups.”…
“If I were braver, to be a better ancestor, I’d join the army. The Ukrainian armed forces.”

At that moment, it was the only answer that rang true.

Paywalled. But allegedly:

Paywalled. But allegedly:

We will see. Personally, I trust Orban about the same amount as Putin.
But it seems we have to give everyone one last chance.
Then another.
Then another.
Then another.
Then another.
Then another.
Then another.
Then another.
Then another.
Then another.
Then another.

Erdoğan has according to Reuters allegedly signed the ratification of Sweden's Nato membership. This in turn according to Swedish Public Service TV and Radio.

One down. Now it's only Orbán left.

Sources in Swedish:

Military intelligence: Senior Russian officials were supposed to be on Il-76 flight but did not board

High-ranking Russian officials were supposed to be on board the Il-76 aircraft that crashed in Belogorod Oblast on Jan. 24, but the Federal Security Service (FSB) did not allow them to board at "the last moment," Andrii Yusov, Ukraine's military intelligence spokesperson, told RFE/RL on Jan. 25.

The Il-76 transport plane crashed in Russia's Belgorod Oblast on Jan. 24, allegedly killing everyone on board. Russia's Defense Ministry then claimed that 65 Ukrainian POWs had been on the plane due to a scheduled prisoner exchange later that day.
No bodies were shown in the wreckage and only 5 bodies sent to the morgue and the military refused the emergency personnel to have access to the crash site.
Russia claimed that 65 Ukrainian POWs, six crew members, and three accompanying people were on board.

Chief Ombudsman Dmytro Lubinets also said on air on Jan. 25 that photos and videos from the site do not indicate "any signs that there were such a large number of people on the plane."

Last edited:
Military intelligence: Senior Russian officials were supposed to be on Il-76 flight but did not board

No bodies were shown in the wreckage and only 5 bodies sent to the morgue and the military refused the emergency personnel to have access to the crash site.
Yeah, I see a lot of mainstream news reporting the Russian claim, but I noticed the footage released of the wreckage don't show signs of any bodies, which seems highly unlikely when there was supposedly 65 POWs on board (plus flight crew).

More military aid from Germany.

Berlin plans to provide Ukraine with additional IRIS-T air defense systems and more than 80 Leopard-1A5 main battle tanks in 2024, German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius announced on Jan. 24.

A message on the ministry’s website outlined the 2024 Ukraine military aid program as follows:

- IRIS-T air defense systems;
- Gepard self-propelled anti-aircraft guns;
- Over 80 Leopard-1A5 main battle tanks;
- Additional artillery systems with more than 230,000 shells; [My u.]
- Armored personnel carriers;
- Armored bridging vehicles;
- 450 reinforced vehicles;
- Demining systems;
- UAVs;
- Radars and reconnaissance systems.