Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Even if Trump is elected this year, I think (hope) he will increase spending on Ukraine in his first year and not pull the rug out. Trump's ego is too big to go down as the guy that lost Ukraine to the Russians. Trump did a similar reversal by doubling down against ISIS and Iran when he campaigned against it in 2016.
You forgot the "/s"!!

You forgot the "/s"!!
Um. And, not only that. Trump attempted to get the current Ukrainian president to put up some false dirt on Hunter Biden. Which the UKR president did not do. And if memory serves, once the beans had been spilled on this event, led to the first attempt to impeach Trump.

Trump's a vindictive type. My guess is that, if he becomes president, he'll do his level best to destroy the Ukraine whilst toadying up to his BFF, Putin.

Trump will want his Ukrainian legacy to be doing a deal. The current land grab will probably stick in Russia's favour. Trump will threaten China to get Russia to do that deal. Ukraine will be a big loser but may at least gain some sort of Trump defence guarantee / NATO inclusion. Trump wields huge power because he leverages USA and because he is batpoop crazy. Who knows what he trades to get the deal done. Buy Russian oil, rebuild Ukraine, free pass for China to take Taiwan in 2028 etc.

Go ahead laugh.

Go ahead and tell me this is Zelensky's decision and he won't go for it.

But what is the alternative? At least people stop dying and the world can move on to the next crisis.

Trump will want his Ukrainian legacy to be doing a deal. The current land grab will probably stick in Russia's favour. Trump will threaten China to get Russia to do that deal. Ukraine will be a big loser but may at least gain some sort of Trump defence guarantee / NATO inclusion. Trump wields huge power because he leverages USA and because he is batpoop crazy. Who knows what he trades to get the deal done. Buy Russian oil, rebuild Ukraine, free pass for China to take Taiwan in 2028 etc.

Go ahead laugh.

But what is the alternative? At least people stop dying and the world can move on to the next crisis.
Like the leader of Russia, any “guarantee” that would be signed by the previous US president would carry as much weight as anything signed by a certain Central European leader from the late 1930s. I suppose one could just ask anyone that is owed money by the previous US president what their opinion would be on that point. But who knows, you may be proven correct.

This thread has become the "Unmoderated US Border & Politics" channel so I now Unwatch

...so long, and thanks for all the риба.
@Artful Dodger, Seems like the perfect place to share what I just saw reported. Before you hit the delete button or worse, put me on ignore, hear me out..

Russia Is Boosting Calls for ‘Civil War’ Over Texas Border Crisis — WIRED Article in Wired Magazine (came up in my Apple News feed), is alleging that Russia is trying to incite a civil war in the US, around the border crisis. This has everything to do with the Ukraine conflict. I don’t see how you could disagree, but I’m open to a different perspective. This isn’t the first such article or source I’ve seen saying this.

“Russia Is Boosting Calls for ‘Civil War’ Over Texas Border Crisis

An all-encompassing Russian disinformation campaign is using everything from bots to lifestyle influencers to powerful state-run media to sow division in the United States.

A Russian disinformation campaign is deploying everything from high-ranking lawmakers and government officials to lifestyle influencers, bloggers, and powerful state-run media outlets to stoke divisions in the United States around the Texas border crisis.

WIRED has also obtained exclusive access to data from two separate disinformation research groups that demonstrate a coordinated Russian effort on Telegram and X (formerly Twitter) to sow discord by pushing the narrative that the US is heading for civil war.

The disinformation campaign began in earnest in late January, and expanded after Russian politicians spoke out when the US Supreme Court lifted an order by a lower court and sided with President Joe Biden’s administration to rule that US Border Patrol officers were allowed to take down razor-wire fencing erected by the Texas National Guard. Days later, when Texas governor Greg Abbott refused to stand down, former Russian president and prime minister Dmitry Medvedev, who is currently deputy chairman of Russia’s Security Council, claimed that the Texas border dispute is “another vivid example of the US hegemony getting weaker.”

“Establishing a People’s Republic of Texas is getting more and more real,” Medvedev added on X, claiming the situation could lead to “a bloody civil war which cost thousands upon thousands of lives.”

Others chimed in: “It’s high time the American president, following in his predecessor Obama’s footsteps, declares ‘Texas must go’ and assembles an international coalition to liberate its residents in the name of democracy,” Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova wrote on Telegram. Russian lawmaker Sergey Mironov even offered Texas help: “If necessary, we are ready to help with the independence referendum. And of course, we will recognize the People’s Republic of Texas if there is one,” Mironov wrote on X.”

Tucker Carlson's interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin could see the conservative pundit targeted by European Union lawmakers, current and former members of the European Parliament have told Newsweek.

It would be absolutely insane if Europe were to arrest or sanction a US reporter over interviewing Putin. Arresting and jailing journalists is what happens in Russia, the West should not be following Putin's footsteps.

Besides, I've seen numerous European fawning interviews with Hamas leadership in recent months - is the EU going to target those journalists too? Dan Rather had a lengthy interview with Saddam Hussein a few weeks before the war in 2003 and several Western reporters interviewed Bin Laden when he was the head of Al Qaeda.

Last edited:

Go ahead laugh.

First of all, the dying (murdering) will not stop. Just inform yourself of what is happening in the occupied regions. As Putin has stated a few times, he wants to eradicate Ukraine, make it disappear entirely.
Second, to all I can gather Trump has no mind of his own, he does what Putin tells him to do. He is following the guidance given through all the social media and (in my opinion) through Melania.

@indysurfer

In my opinion, and perhaps I'm not the only one, Tucker Carlson is not a reporter, he is a propagandist for Putin. So in that function he should not only be arrested but held responsible for the damage he is creating.

I don't think Carlson actually aligns with Putin. Just their interests aligns by doing this. Putin gets an US audience to spread his BS. Carlson continues on with his shtick about deep state, government is evil, what have you.

Heck I doubt Carlson even believes it, but it is what makes him money so he does it. Remember his own emails/texts that was exposed during was it the Dominion lawsuit or the January 6th investigation..... That the person that accurately projected AZ for Biden on the Fox News election team should be fired because it was bad for Fox News business wise. Was he also the one to also call for the Fox News WH correspondent to be fired for calling out Trump over his election was rigged crap? It's all business and money with Carlson. Doubt he believes the crap he spews. Just knows it generates money for him.

I would not want him to be arrested though. If they want to sanction him fine, but it all feeds to Carlson than harms him. He will make a crap ton of money using the sanctions as proof of his message.

Reactions: bhzmark
In my opinion, and perhaps I'm not the only one, Tucker Carlson is not a reporter, he is a propagandist for Putin. So in that function he should not only be arrested but held responsible for the damage he is creating.
Very dangerous ground we are treading if we go this route - IMO.

There are loads of academics, celebrities, politicians and "journalists" (mostly on the extreme Left) who have been cozying up and excusing murderous world leaders around the globe because they shared the same "anti-colonial" or "anti-American" mindset.

FFS - Bernie Sanders honeymooned in the USSR during the height of the Cold War when Russia was full on Communist, invading Afghanistan and still had most of Eastern Europe trapped behind the Iron Curtain.

Here is Bernie less than 2 years ago sounding way worse than Tucker Carlson wanting to keep the US from supporting Ukraine.

...] FFS - Bernie Sanders honeymooned in the USSR during the height of the Cold War when Russia was full on Communist, invading Afghanistan and still had most of Eastern Europe trapped behind the Iron Curtain.

Here is Bernie less than 2 years ago sounding way worse than Tucker Carlson wanting to keep the US from supporting Ukraine. [My underline.]

Really?... From the very text you link to:

...] We should be clear about who is most responsible for this looming crisis: Vladimir Putin. Having already seized parts of Ukraine in 2014, the Russian president now threatens to take over the entire country and destroy Ukrainian democracy. In my view, we must unequivocally support the sovereignty of Ukraine and make clear that the international community will impose severe consequences on Putin and his associates if he does not change course. [...]

Putin may be a liar and a demagogue, [...]

even if Russia was not ruled by a corrupt authoritarian leader like Vladimir Putin [...]

we must make clear that Putin and his gang of oligarchs will face major consequences should he continue down the current path [My underline.] [...

Last edited:
Is anyone in this thread working at Alphabet/Google/Youtube? Or know anyone that's working on Alphabet/Google/Youtube? Or know anyone that's working with US internal security?

This CNN video debunking Tucker's lies currently has ~5,800 comments. And that comment section literally looks like one giant Russian troll infestation... And it's far from the only one... And that's just Youtube. I wonder what X and Facebook looks like...

Has there been a change in moderation or Forum rules?
Best guess is our voluntary mods are busy in troll damage control in the Roundtable thread. Bless them for their hard work!
The trolling has seemed... weird of late. Anyone else sense that?
In this thread, however, it's just the familiar periodic outbreak of politics. An understandable outbreak given the happenings in the US to block lifesaving, country-saving aid that literal majorities of both houses of Congress, plus the President, would like to see pass. Hard for many of us to swallow, as Russian shell advantage over Ukraine continues to grow and Avdivka holds on by its fingernails...
All that said, I expect Mod attention soon, with some deleted posts and stern warnings to set us on the straight and narrow.
Thank heaven for FPV drones, Scalp and Storm, and yes, mods too.

From Ukraine Matters on Youtube:

They are calling on all citizens or non-citizens who live in the US to start calling Congress DAILY.

Come on America! Europe supports UKR. Now it's your turn.

"
Repost for the sake of the cause.
For any American citizens or non-citizens who live in the US, please check out the following message for a call to action today from the American Coalition for Ukraine:

"If we want Ukraine to survive, the time to act is now.
Are you an American citizen, OR a non-citizen living in America? We need you to call!

The American Coalition for Ukraine has asked all constituents to start calling Congress DAILY during this critical period, to both Republicans and Democrats.

We have heard from multiple members of Congress that they want to support Ukraine, but first need to receive enough constituent phone calls in support.

Offices in Congress count how many pro-Ukraine calls they receive, and how many anti-Ukraine calls. These are the numbers they look at when deciding how to vote.

We need YOUR help to make sure the pro-Ukraine calls come out on top! [My underline.]

Every evening, 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific):

Starting this evening (Monday), the American Coalition for Ukraine will be holding call-a-thon Zoom meetings that are open to the public, every evening through Wednesday at least.

These meetings are suitable for people with no experience in advocacy.

Please invite your friends and family!Schedule and meeting links of daily call-in Zoom meetings:

Wednesday, Feb 7, 8PM EST (5 PM Pacific)

Follow the American Coalition for Ukraine on Facebook for updates. They will post the details of future meetings there."
"

Last edited:
Done. Had to leave a message. Not sure it will help much. My senator is Mike Lee who has gone full clown car.

Your other senator is Mitt Romney though.

My House rep and both of my senators are currently Democrats who would vote for both the border package and Ukraine aid if they get the chance. Bugging them probably won't help much.