Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vote on Ukraine aid maybe coming after mid March.
Quote:
Johnson has not yet taken a position on the plan or committed to giving it a floor vote, telling his colleagues that they need to finalize government funding legislation first. But once that process is done by mid-March, Republican backers of the plan believe he will let it come to the floor – even it risks backlash from hard-right members or even a vote for his ouster from the speakership.
I don't buy it...I will believe it when I see it but I don't think he will allow a vote. Only chance is if they can bypass him imo.

IMG_1960.jpeg

'Very serious': What we know about leaked German army audio recording

A leaked audio recording of senior German army officers discussing the war in Ukraine has caused a diplomatic firestorm and raised serious questions about the security of German military communications.​

Russia declared the recording proves direct involvement of Western countries in the conflict in Ukraine.
Here is what we know about the intercept.

What was leaked?

On March 1st, the head of Russia's state-backed RT channel, Margarita Simonyan, posted a 38-minute audio recording on Telegram of what she said was German army officers discussing potential strikes on Crimea.

The conversation between air force chief Ingo Gerhartz and three high-ranking Bundeswehr officers took place on February 19th, according to Simonyan.

In the recording, discussions can be heard about the possible use by Ukrainian forces of German-made Taurus missiles and their potential impact.

11fhbpfoihmc1.png

• Faint red cross: Damaged (but repairable to any reasonable extent)
  • Red cross: Sunk/destroyed (including those with near-zero maintainability)
  • Greyed out: Incapacitated for other reasons (including non-combat repairs / deployment outside the Black Sea)
  • Hashed cross: Being repaired (until confirmation of successful repairs, the ship is considered damaged)

Last edited:
View attachment 1024815

This was shared by Lucas himself. To my eyes this is accurate with the slight caveat that the reality is even bleaker. Germany, please get your act together.
""Gormless" is an adjective that means lacking intelligence or stupid. It's primarily used in British English."

Perhaps we should take up a collection and send the Germans a nice gorm.

Sweden will officially be a NATO member in “a matter of days" according to Swedish Defence Minister Pal Jonson.

This follows Hungary's President Tamas Sulyok today having signed the bill that approved Sweden's accession to NATO.

Sweden will become the 32nd NATO member after completion of the remaining formalities involving accession documentation in Washington, which is expected to happen rapidly at this point.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...dens-nato-membership-ratification-2024-03-05/

Last edited:
So they just let them go???

I’m bothered that all they did was “expel” them when they should be locked up for vigorous questioning before accommodating then in a nice tall diplomatic high rise flat or giving them a nice cup of special Russian diplomat tea or something.

I just realized - what were DOZENS of Russian diplomats doing there?
I understand your fervour, but I think diplomats (from everywhere stationed everywhere) have a special legal status that prevents actions beyond expulsion or internment until a negotiated exchange of diplomats takes place between the nations involved (I am not a subject matter expert in this field).