Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I guess this is yet another Russian ship gone!

It’s amazing how Ukraine is taking it to the Russians! With all the help they’re getting from the West- including the world’s best intelligence, I’m totally expecting them to go a step further into Russia and decimate Russia’s weapon production (yeah, I know it’s a long, long way from Ukraine) and air force assets like they’re doing to Russia’s ships, and then it’s game over for Putin.

It’s not so much all about territory.

Once neutered, Zelensky can order Russia out of Ukraine, and to hand over their remaining armaments.

I saw something that Transnistria wants to join Russia and some concerns that it would open a new front in the war. There is a warehouse with a lot of old Soviet equipment there, and a Russian military group of about 1500 men that has been stranded there since the war began. These 1500 men guard the warehouse and run the Transmistria army, which is really pretty small. The population of Transnistria is only about 470,000.

Sounds like a good HIMARS target.

Sweden officially joins NATO

07 Mar. 2024 - Last updated: 07 Mar. 2024 17:30

Sweden became NATO’s newest member on Thursday (7 March 2024), upon depositing its instrument of accession to the North Atlantic Treaty with the Government of the United States in Washington DC. With Sweden’s accession, NATO now counts 32 countries among its members. [...

Now that we in Sweden are finally full members of NATO it will be very interesting to see if some Gripen fighter jets can begin a journey towards the Ukrainian Air Force...

A couple of days ago on the 2-year mark of the Russian Dictator's Illegal full scale invasion of UKR, the Swedish Opposition leader publicly called for Sweden to begin sending Gripens to the UKR Air Force once Swedish accession into NATO was complete.

In Swedish:

Last edited:

Sweden officially joins NATO

07 Mar. 2024 - Last updated: 07 Mar. 2024 17:30

Sweden became NATO’s newest member on Thursday (7 March 2024), upon depositing its instrument of accession to the North Atlantic Treaty with the Government of the United States in Washington DC. With Sweden’s accession, NATO now counts 32 countries among its members. [...

I put the NATO flag up in the front of our house yesterday and will fly it for a few more days on this occasion. Flew it last time for Finland's accession.

I don't know if this is mostly a U.S. thing, but some folks put up flags on their houses at different times for all sorts of reasons - U.S. flag for independence day, if their favorite sports team has a big game - fly that flag, some holiday related flag, etc. Feel pretty strongly on the critical role for NATO even before my former days in the U.S. Air Force. Maybe flying the NATO flag is still weird, but I'm ok with that. :cool:

Russia continues to rack up massive losses of men and equipment. Ukrainian officials have clarified that their estimates of Russian combat losses/liquidations include both those killed and wounded.

Allegedly:

#Czechia President Petr Pavel has said that all the funds needed to purchase 800,000 artillery ammunition for the Ukrainian Armed Forces have already been raised.

The first shipments are expected to arrive in #Ukraine within a few weeks.

twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1765800691166044256

Ditto

Russia continues to rack up massive losses of men and equipment. Ukrainian officials have clarified that their estimates of Russian combat losses/liquidations include both those killed and wounded.

This does resolve the difference between the 180K figure from Zelensky and the 420K reported by their Ministry of Defense. Though it may just be a way to walk back the figures.

I have noticed Russian equipment losses have been very high lately. Ukraine is using their limited resources to inflict maximum pain on the Russians.

Hope so, doubt it. Mike Johnson is going to focus the house on the U.S. budget first, then shift to Ukraine when that is done.

I doubt it also but for different reasons...Mike Johnson will always come up with an excuse not to provide the necessary aid to Ukraine or do anything about the border. He and Trump will always side with Putin on this.

Only chance of aid getting to Ukraine in time is if the House is able to bypass Mike Johnson and have the bill go to vote. I believe most republicans would vote for it if given the chance.

Switzerland giving Ukraine a nice treat, in the form of +7 Billion $.

Switzerland giving Ukraine a nice treat, in the form of +7 Billion $.
Mod-edited remark:
“I tried to say something gobsmackingly Off Topic, even though I knew as soon as a Moderator read it, it would be deleted. And I understand that even with it deleted, I now am one nanometer away from getting banned for being needlessly provocative.”

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed