Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1994.jpeg

Unclear but timing in uncanny. Perhaps he was tasked with protecting the refineries, or was not but someone had to take a ?literal fall, maybe he blamed the Kremlin for failure to protect the asset, etc…who knows.

He’s the 4th Lukoil senior executive to have died since Russia’s full scale invasion. In May 2022 Alexander Subbotin died of a “drug-induced heart attack”. Then chairman Rabil Maganov “fell” from a 6th-floor hospital window in September 2022. Last October Vladimir Nekrasov (his replacement) died of “acute heart failure”.

The discharge petition is live. We'll see if any Republicans have the courage to sign it.

1710420575409.png

more of a Democratic Party issue

McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, Oklahoma, has been refurbishing South Korean 155mm shells with new markings and fuses, which are then sent to Ukraine.It was previously alleged in leaked documents, that beyond South Korea backfilling US 155mm stocks, South Korean 155mm shells had actually been delivered to Ukraine. AP now publicly reports on these activities at McAlester, although the source of this information is unclear. It comes as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Brown is set to visit McAlester today with Members of Congress.

Lithuanian President Gitanas Nausėda says he supports the debate on sending troops to Ukraine to train local forces and urges the West to stop drawing red lines."I welcomed the idea of sending missions to Ukrainian territory as an idea, and I still believe that we should discuss this idea. Of course, the best thing would be for all of us to agree unanimously on the need for this and to assess very well the intelligence and other information that we have," Nausėda emphasized.

Some kind of movement? Allegedly:

Speaker Johanson promises to unblock aid to Ukraine that will “look substantially different” to $95 plan

Speaker Mike Johnson signaled a loan or lend-lease approach to support Kyiv’s war efforts without direct payments from US taxpayers.

By Maria Tril
14/03/2024

[...] Johnson suggested structuring the aid as a loan or lend-lease program so that “US taxpayers would not be providing billions without expectation of repayment,” The Hill reported, citing the senators who participated in the meeting.

Johnson told The Hill that he “will work the will of the House” on a package to help Ukraine and said he doesn’t want to let Russian President Vladimir Putin take over the country.

“No one wants Vladimir Putin to prevail. I’m of the opinion that he wouldn’t stop at Ukraine … and go all through the way through Europe,” he said. “There is a right and wrong there, a good versus evil in my view, and Ukraine is the victim here.” [...

EDIT:
The original source?

...] Johnson told senators that the House will send a Ukraine aid package to the Senate but floated the idea of making it a loan or lend-lease program so U.S. taxpayers would not be shelling out tens of billions of dollars without any expectation of getting a return, according to senators who participated in the discussion. [...

Some kind of movement? Allegedly:

Speaker Johanson promises to unblock aid to Ukraine that will “look substantially different” to $95 plan

Speaker Mike Johnson signaled a loan or lend-lease approach to support Kyiv’s war efforts without direct payments from US taxpayers.

By Maria Tril
14/03/2024

[...] Johnson suggested structuring the aid as a loan or lend-lease program so that “US taxpayers would not be providing billions without expectation of repayment,” The Hill reported, citing the senators who participated in the meeting.

Johnson told The Hill that he “will work the will of the House” on a package to help Ukraine and said he doesn’t want to let Russian President Vladimir Putin take over the country.

“No one wants Vladimir Putin to prevail. I’m of the opinion that he wouldn’t stop at Ukraine … and go all through the way through Europe,” he said. “There is a right and wrong there, a good versus evil in my view, and Ukraine is the victim here.” [...

EDIT:
The original source?

...] Johnson told senators that the House will send a Ukraine aid package to the Senate but floated the idea of making it a loan or lend-lease program so U.S. taxpayers would not be shelling out tens of billions of dollars without any expectation of getting a return, according to senators who participated in the discussion. [...

I am deeply skeptical. I think he's just playing games and trying to delay as much as possible.