Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It takes a lot to make my partner laugh. She thought this was hilarious.
And, attitudes and racism aside, at the risk of being pedantic, isn't Russia currently, you know, fighting ISIS with their military, and have been for quite some time? But it is not possible they would be hit by a terror attack from the same group?
Real question: Do Russians know all the enemies their military is fighting?

I hope this is real!!!

Ukraine drone swarm takes out 6 Russian fighter jets. (2 hours ago).

Next time, take out an event with Putin and the top 2 echelons of Putin's supporters!
What is to Ukraine's advantage is that all these actions all over Russia means the Russians can't tell where the next strike will be. They're going to need thousands of drones to take out a lot more planes and infrastructure to make the Russians begin to rethink their global conquest plans.

American PepsiCo has opened a new plant in Russia. Lay's chips will be produced there. [My u.]
PepsiCo has launched the first line of a new plant for the production of snacks and salty snacks near Novosibirsk in Russia. [...

Source: See post on X below.

PepsiCo owns these brands (Don't know if they all exist in the US):
Doritos, Lay’s, Mountain Dew, Pespi-Cola, Quaker Oats, Sodastream, Tropicana, Walkers, Dole, Lipton, Starbucks och 7 Up.

twitter.com/MykhailoRohoza/status/1774935170400784503

What is to Ukraine's advantage is that all these actions all over Russia means the Russians can't tell where the next strike will be. They're going to need thousands of drones to take out a lot more planes and infrastructure to make the Russians begin to rethink their global conquest plans.

Ukraine has gone into mass production of drones. I saw something about it about a year ago, maybe a little less. Production is probably spinning up now. During the Soviet era a lot of military production was done in Ukraine and the country of Ukraine maintained a lot of that production when the war ended. They even produced a heavily updated version of the T-72 and offered it for export sales. They sold a few, but couldn't compete with the Russian T-90 sales. A few have seen action in this war.

The Ukrainians also have a military shipyard where the Moskova and her sisters were built. The last of that class of cruiser still sits unfinished near the shipyard. I wouldn't be surprised if that shipyard isn't their main naval drone factory. The tank factory was in Kharkhiv and it probably isn't in production. But there are other military factories that have probably been converted to drone production.

Because the drones are natively made, nobody can tell Ukraine what they can and can't do with them. So they are using a lot of them on strategic strikes into Russia.

American PepsiCo has opened a new plant in Russia. Lay's chips will be produced there. [My u.]
PepsiCo has launched the first line of a new plant for the production of snacks and salty snacks near Novosibirsk in Russia. [...

Source: See post on X below.

PepsiCo owns these brands (Don't know if they all exist in the US):
Doritos, Lay’s, Mountain Dew, Pespi-Cola, Quaker Oats, Sodastream, Tropicana, Walkers, Dole, Lipton, Starbucks och 7 Up.

twitter.com/MykhailoRohoza/status/1774935170400784503

Walkers is a British brand, but all the others originated in the US unless there is a Swedish brand that translates into English as "and". Most of those brands were separate companies that were bought by PepsiCo over time.

Pepsi is big in Russia because of a deal they struct with the Soviet government during the last decades of the cold war. I think it was in the late 70s or early 80s they started selling Pepsi in the USSR and it was the one world market where Coca Cola was shut out. There is a mostly apocryphal story that they had their own military once, but there is some truth to it. They were once paid in old military equipment and they had to sell it off to get their money.

The size of these conglomerates tells us how powerful they really are. PepsiCo can ignore the sanctions and continue doing business because they are too big to care. Their sales in the west might drop by a tiny bit, but they have to many brand names most customers don't know they are getting their cup of coffee from PepsiCo.

PepsiCo used to own a large number of fast food chains, but spun off that division into a stand alone company in 1997, though all those restaurants have lifetime contracts to serve Pepsi products. Among them are KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.

Boycotts are a slippery slope....Pepsi here, McDonalds because of the Middle East, Tesla because Elon said something on X.....it never ends. Soon you have nothing to drive you to the restaurant, no burger to eat and nothing to wash it down with

Around here at least, there is a much better local burger joint that happens to be across the street from the nearest McDonalds. I see no reason to go to McDonalds and we don't do traditional fast food much either. I also don't drink any of the mainstream fizzy drinks because I'm extremely sensitive to GMO corn and all the mainstream drinks have it. (I'm fine with non-GMO corn products. I discovered it when sometimes after we went out to eat I'd feel like I was kicked in the stomach a half hour later and it would continue for days until it cleared my system. It was always something with corn in it. Most of the products we had at home with corn came from Trader Joe's and all their label products are non-GMO.)

By the looks of it, I am already boycotting PepsiCo. lol
Pepsi used to be the drink at in-n-out until they seemingly breached an old agreement with the US south west's famous burger place.

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
And Ukraine can always throw in lots of the cheapest possible dummy aircraft and gliders just to create more confusion -lots of cheap, low grade model planes designed to alternately climb then glide long distances to arrive in Russia during actual attacks, tagged with Iranian or ISIS or Russian makers marks, because... why not?

IMG_2045.jpeg