Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a RWD order with Tesla Mexico, no change on the page :(. For all deliveries, they just claim they would start sometime in 2020 (literally that says) but I guess just for P and AWD

I hope they still respect my pricing of the car, considering the USD/MXN just increased around 30% in the last month thanks to the coronavirus

Reactions: Gary95476
Saw this on Facebook

Had a white long range RWD FSD on order October 30, 2019. Got a call today asking if I would be willing to change my “black” to any other color. I told them that I did not order black but I would like to upgrade to awd as long as I did not have to pay the increase for FSD. He had to check with his supervisor and said he would call back. Within 10 minutes I got an email of the modification to the order and 3 hours later I got a text to complete the order

Not sure how true it is as there does seem to be some questions...

My speculation is they are collecting this information for RWD reservation holders to see how many are ready to take delivery now, and then they will make some sort of offer to us to move up to the LR AWD. I'm willing to entertain a reasonable offer should they do so.

Whatever they do, having completed the input, they have locked in my trade-in amount, valid for 30 days (adjusted for Covid-19 closure through the supply chain?). If they don't deliver the RWD til much later, they are risking serious trade-in overvaluations... and if I don't agree to be 'upsold' to AWD?

I'm starting to believe! Let me hear you say... "RWD"!

What happens to our RWD LR order now that the order page doesn’t show the car anymore? Bump in AWD range, but no idea what happens to the RWD range? You would think it would also increase with only have one motor vs two?
We just looked up our account yesterday and were asked to fill out some more info. With that completed, the next step is “prepare for delivery”. They say the next step is that they are drafting up the contract and will contact us when to make the final payment.
We have ordered a LR RWD Y, in red with white interior, with 20 “ induction wheels, 5 seats, with autopilot.
As far as range, we are hoping for more than the 300 miles they had first advertised.
We also own a 2018 Model 3 LR RWD.

Reactions: blissdancer
We just looked up our account yesterday and were asked to fill out some more info. With that completed, the next step is “prepare for delivery”. They say the next step is that they are drafting up the contract and will contact us when to make the final payment.
We have ordered a LR RWD Y, in red with white interior, with 20 “ induction wheels, 5 seats, with autopilot.
As far as range, we are hoping for more than the 300 miles they had first advertised.
We also own a 2018 Model 3 LR RWD.

Keep a lookout for the CARB filing which must state the range before any deliveries can take place. N.B. the recent CARB filing of 316 miles just prior to first deliveries.

Who knows, maybe with the shutdown of the factory, it gives them time to get the RWD ready!
Combined with the fear of economic downturn, instead of losing money on not selling their highest variants they will build LR RWD and SR+ ahead of schedule :)

Who knows, maybe with the shutdown of the factory, it gives them time to get the RWD ready!
Combined with the fear of economic downturn, instead of losing money on not selling their highest variants they will build LR RWD and SR+ ahead of schedule :)

I think this is likely, they probably have a lot more orders of those variants and they're preparing for economic downturn.
They are already saying a lot of people don't want to take delivery so I think they moved a whole pile of people into the next stage of entering info because it seems like they can't try to match a car to a person without being in that stage. Now they are matching, calling to confirm you want it and if not they go on to the next person of that variant.

They will add rwd during shutdown and do the same with rwd after the shutdown is my guess.

Reactions: jgd108
I see a lot of people that ordered the AWD configuration with upgraded rims in the last 3 months already getting the delivery already. Wish Tesla would have contacted people who ordered RWD to see if they wanted to upgrade to get delivery this month. I'll most likely keep waiting for the RWD as the money I have saved for it is collecting interest anyways which should help towards accessories..

I understand the car wasn't supposed to be out until Fall 2020, but I am still bummed with this poor customer service and communication they are providing after lending them my $2,500 about my options. Again, I really should have just invested the $2,500 like many people suggested to me instead of putting down a deposit. I could have ordered a Performance model with the gains and gotten it immediately after ordering! But then again it is hard to predict the future...

Reactions: nhoover
I guess you must be new here. Tesla did this numerous times before. Changing prices, discontinuing trims with model 3. In this case it is non issue as they discontinued RWD before any of them were made so it will not hurt anyone. You can upgrade to AWD to stay in a queue or you can get your reservation fee refunded, no harm caused.
If you are ofended by this then it is your choice. You are free to feel entitled to recieve any nonexistent product from any company you want.

Whatever they do, having completed the input, they have locked in my trade-in amount, valid for 30 days (adjusted for Covid-19 closure through the supply chain?). If they don't deliver the RWD til much later, they are risking serious trade-in overvaluations... and if I don't agree to be 'upsold' to AWD?

I'm starting to believe! Let me hear you say... "RWD"!

I was told yesterday by a rude and coughing Tesla rep that filling in the information for the LR RWD is meaningless unless you got a call/text/email from your assigned sales rep there is no reason to fill anything in. He said they haven’t been told anything about the RWD, if it is to go into production in early summer or if it is cancelled.

My page opened up Wednesday for trade in/loan info. I checked today and have an order agreement with VIN 24XX. I live in Dallas, AWD, MSM, FSD, induction wheels.
Original order 3-19-19 but changed order from LWD to AWD on 3-3-20.