Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD LR Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am from Canada also and did receive a call from Oakville Tesla on Friday regarding my Model Y RWD. They asked if I was interested in upgrading to the AWD for $5K. I originally ordered March 2019....made an configuration update on Aug 2019. She seemed the imply the RWD would be available much later. She did say that even if I upgrade to AWD, it would likely still be a couple months out. So from my conversation with Tesla, it doesn't sound like the RWD is anytime soon.

I am from Canada also and did receive a call from Oakville Tesla on Friday regarding my Model Y RWD. They asked if I was interested in upgrading to the AWD for $5K. I originally ordered March 2019....made an configuration update on Aug 2019. She seemed the imply the RWD would be available much later. She did say that even if I upgrade to AWD, it would likely still be a couple months out. So from my conversation with Tesla, it doesn't sound like the RWD is anytime soon.
I wish I'd get a call from Oakville to upgrade me. Also I'm hoping only a few months out, my wife and I are expecting in November and I'd love to have it by then.

PRICE CHANGE.

Like a lot of you I received my order confirmation asking for the final information last month and did not submit it because the price of the car changed. I ordered the first day before the unveling and the price was 47k when I received my final pricing it was 48K with the optional equipment staying at the old price. I asked why the change in price and was told i changed my order. NOT exactly true. I called support and had them change the color of the seats and car and was told that that would not change any of the prices on the car except for the seat increase. But the base price changed by 1k. they also upgraded the wheels on my order. At this point not sure what i am going to do, for the most part you just hit a brick wall when you try to get anyone to help you. Tesla accused me of changing the order and hitting the submit button and that is why i had the price increase, not true. I asked for specifics that they could not give me. I also wanted to add the trailer hitch and they said that would bring the car up to the new price and i could add it after delivery. We all know most people have been able to add it to their order for the extra 1K. Anyone have a contact at the factory? if so please pm me. This would be my 3rd Tesla and i am also a stockholder... Thanks...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mr X and MP3Mike
I asked why the change in price and was told i changed my order. NOT exactly true. I called support and had them change the color of the seats and car and was told that that would not change any of the prices on the car except for the seat increase.

Color me surprised that you got incorrect information from someone at Tesla. :rolleyes: You did make a change to your order, and the order agreement clearly says that changing the order will bring it to then current pricing...

We all know most people have been able to add it to their order for the extra 1K.

The only people I have seen that say that are the ones that have placed their order recently, such that the base price hasn't changed since they ordered.

Color me surprised that you got incorrect information from someone at Tesla. :rolleyes: You did make a change to your order, and the order agreement clearly says that changing the order will bring it to then current pricing...

The only people I have seen that say that are the ones that have placed their order recently, such that the base price hasn't changed since they ordered.

The issue i have is that I asked before the order was changed if their would be a change in price and I was told NO and was told because the car did not have a vin yet and I was not changing to a different model like a AWD or Performance. I was told the only price change would be for the increased seat price and asked again if any other pricing would change and i was told NO. As far as the tow hitch is concerned i was told in advance of the price change and did not have them do it last month, The price change by 1K when they changed our reservations to orders.

Update: Called and they got me the price had I originally ordered AWD at the date I ordered.

So you ordered a rwd before the price increase and now changed it to awd without having to pay the increased price? I've been trying to do that for months, but they were just saying I can't.

Can I ask what you said to them when you called? Did they give any push back?

Did they reach out to you? Or you to them?

So you ordered a rwd before the price increase and now changed it to awd without having to pay the increased price? I've been trying to do that for months, but they were just saying I can't.

Bump on this. Curious as well, because Id swap for the original price to then...

I read that my closest service center had been reaching out (in this thread) and so I called and told them I heard they were offering this option and if it’s possible I would like to do the same. The delivery advisor put in a request to corporate and called me back later to tell me it was approved. I didn't have any secret password or anything. I just asked nicely with the expectation that it might not work. They said its a case by case basis so I'm not sure what the difference would be. The advisor did say if you already changed to AWD on your own there was nothing he could do.

I read that my closest service center had been reaching out (in this thread) and so I called and told them I heard they were offering this option and if it’s possible I would like to do the same. The delivery advisor put in a request to corporate and called me back later to tell me it was approved. I didn't have any secret password or anything. I just asked nicely with the expectation that it might not work. They said its a case by case basis so I'm not sure what the difference would be. The advisor did say if you already changed to AWD on your own there was nothing he could do.

Does your configuration online reflect this change?

I ordered 11/12/2019 - anyone know the price of AWD at that time? my breakdown follows...

LR RWD $48K
Red $2K
19” Wheels $1.5K (upgraded to 20” NC)