Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

RWD With Mid-Range Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the model 3 builder, I am noticing what seems to be new options. I think they are incorporating 6 years of gasoline savings into the price as well as the federal tax credit into the initial screen price. It makes it look a little cheaper.

Also, the RWD is now listed at 6-10 weeks with a mid-range battery and at $45,000 or $4,000 less than before.

The AWD is $1000 less at $54,000 and still comes with the LR battery. They have, however, added a tilde to the 4-8 week estimate. This could have an impact on the tax credit.

The performance is still at $65,000.

The Enhanced Autopilot is still there, but they have removed the $3,000 full self driving option. Probably related to the news of the new self-driving computer.

Looking at the model 3 builder, I am noticing what seems to be new options. I think they are incorporating 6 years of gasoline savings into the price as well as the federal tax credit into the initial screen price. It makes it look a little cheaper.

Also, the RWD is now listed at 6-10 weeks with a mid-range battery and at $45,000 or $4,000 less than before.

The AWD is $1000 less at $54,000 and still comes with the LR battery. They have, however, added a tilde to the 4-8 week estimate. This could have an impact on the tax credit.

The performance is still at $65,000.

The Enhanced Autopilot is still there, but they have removed the $3,000 full self driving option. Probably related to the news of the new self-driving computer.

OK, so now I'm thinking....

I wonder if they over built supply of RWD for current markets they are selling in and are really just selling software limited long range vehicles at a slight discount to help move inventory.
No. I think this is trying to leverage the tax credit to get more upsell to the SR buyers.
And if this is 5/6 of the capacity, and they are cell constrained, they get to make 20% more cars than LR RWD.
More juice from the lemon.

I'm so jelly. White interior is available to mid-range RWD! Ahhhh..

You lucky sobs, buy up folks, you have a cheaper Model 3 with white interior option that is still a beast of a machine, still just as smart as any other Model 3's.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Yup, with all fees it looks to be 1000 cheaper now.
Your right, back to only 5k for AWD vs 6k. Man that sucks too. Mine has not even completed the outstanding work and still has to be shipped off for paint too and the white is $500 less.

Of course I should still get Free Supercharging for life although it says pay per use in my account so I guess I didn't get that either :(

You lucky sobs, buy up folks, you have a cheaper Model 3 with white interior option that is still a beast of a machine, still just as smart as any other Model 3's.
Yep and at $500 less too.

• Informative
The delivery estimate for the mid-ranged is 6-10 weeks. This puts it at between November 29 and December 27th. This would still qualify for the full $7500 tax credit if delivery hell ends.

Wow, I did not notice this! My decision variables changed again.

• Informative