Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S to Porsche Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assure you that Wall Street understands cash flow very well. That is why Tesla has a market cap north of $40 billion and Ford does not. It is why Tesla has a market cap over 1/2 of VW despite having a fraction of the revenue. BECAUSE VW IS an employment scheme. Do you think VW can fire the 30k workers they need to fire? Nope. They cant

Last edited:
Citation(s) needed.
You do realize every manufacturer had the option to take money from the government to start making evs and none did. You know who did? Tesla and Fisker Karma. Tesla will go bankrupt if they don’t merge just like Fisker and be bought for pennies on the dollar. Also VW was approached by Tesla to merge and declined lol. That’s why their CEO shot down leaked emails (Elon’s favorite pastime to try too boost sales). Cause they know Tesla is done and don’t need them.

Yes ...a PR troll or just a troll. Tesla is getting ready to blast away at VW's last bastion and it is driving the ICE folks crazy. A little american technology company getting ready to destroy the worlds auto makers.
You’re dumb as a rock. Those fines did nothing to VW but hurt their image. Something Tesla has been doing for yrs now(hurting their image)

You do realize every manufacturer had the option to take money from the government to start making evs and none did. You know who did? Tesla and Fisker Karma. Tesla will go bankrupt if they don’t merge just like Fisker and be bought for pennies on the dollar. Also VW was approached by Tesla to merge and declined lol. That’s why their CEO shot down leaked emails (Elon’s favorite pastime to try too boost sales). Cause they know Tesla is done and don’t need them.
OK, you're not interested in supporting your (apparently flawed) assertions, and hence a reasonable discussion.

Until you opt to do that, I'll let you continue to be deluded, and won't contribute to polluting this thread.

OK, you're not interested in supporting your (apparently flawed) assertions, and hence a reasonable discussion.

Until you opt to do that, I'll let you continue to be deluded, and won't contribute to polluting this thread.

FCF1AD30-15A4-434B-B995-A9950C294FB4.png
AA522200-B073-4632-9AF6-C80E6D4E4BA3.png
1FCA9509-843B-4D93-8E02-DD86F8BB3320.png

F6686B6F-5830-4A67-A6CA-B9FDF7EFE9F3.jpeg

I hope you own Tesla stock lol. I know you don’t cause you probably just bought your first Tesla recently that’s why you think so highly cause you paid much less than buyers 3-8 months ago. But new buyers don’t make a company succeed. If you lose your loyal buyers who have been buying Tesla’s from the start than you will ultimately fail. And all owners who have owned Tesla’s for yrs don’t trust or want to buy another again. Why? False promises along with dropping prices by a 1/3rd of the amount. There is a reason a car goes up in price every year not down. One for inflation and so that the previous owners don’t get screwed on depreciation and never buy another Tesla again. They gain one buyer for every five they have lost. And it’s not the model 3 buyers that will lead to success for Tesla. That’s been shown over the last year. If that was the case their stock would be at $400 right now but... it’s not. It’s continuing in a downward slope lol

View attachment 455099 View attachment 455100 View attachment 455101
View attachment 455102

I hope you own Tesla stock lol. I know you don’t cause you probably just bought your first Tesla recently that’s why you think so highly cause you paid much less than buyers 3-8 months ago. But new buyers don’t make a company succeed. If you lose your loyal buyers who have been buying Tesla’s from the start than you will ultimately fail. And all owners who have owned Tesla’s for yrs don’t trust or want to buy another again. Why? False promises along with dropping prices by a 1/3rd of the amount. There is a reason a car goes up in price every year not down. One for inflation and so that the previous owners don’t get screwed on depreciation and never buy another Tesla again. They gain one buyer for every five they have lost. And it’s not the model 3 buyers that will lead to success for Tesla. That’s been shown over the last year. If that was the case their stock would be at $400 right now but... it’s not. It’s continuing in a downward slope lol
I see you have trouble with reading and comprehension as well. (Hint: look at my sig)

Reactions: VT_EE
View attachment 455099 View attachment 455100 View attachment 455101
View attachment 455102

Good luck buying Fiat/Chrysler and GM for a long term gain going forward... :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: VT_EE
I assure you that Wall Street understands cash flow very well. That is why Tesla has a market cap north of $40 billion and Ford does not. It is why Tesla has a market cap over 1/2 of VW despite having a fraction of the revenue. BECAUSE VW IS an employment scheme. Do you think VW can fire the 30k workers they need to fire? Nope. They cant
Do you even understand market capitalization? Tesla has 63% of institutional investors-meaning almost all their stock is owned by themselves. No other company does this cause they don’t have dilute their cap. If those Tesla share holders sold their stock do the math.
Thats about 15 billion market cap genius. You think any other manufacturer has the majority ownership of their stock? No cause they don’t need to try to skew numbers to make it look like they aren’t failing.

Snort @MelvinLee owning 5 teslas...ok sure...Put the pipe down. So Tesla loses money so do the Japanese automakers, so does VW in most years, so has GM and Ford. Despite this Tesla market cap has gone from nothing to exceeding Ford's market cap by 5-6 billion. They are approaching GM's market cap and in a few years at current rates will exceed Porsche's parent VW. You sound like a walmart fanboy who did not like amazon. Amazon still hasn't really made a profit. As soon as they want to they can. Tesla is really a very young company and as soon as uber is gone they'll walk right into that marketcap as well. Everyone knows it and everyone also knows VW won't be able to do it. All they can do is to try to stall Tesla with FUD.

Tesla Market Cap (THE VALUE OF THE COMPANY) is over 1/2 that of VW already. BECAUSE ...VW is a work employment scheme not a car company. Porsche is just a tiny lux handbag division of an employment scheme. It must drive that family crazy. Couldn't happen to a better (worse) family.

VW makes cars so they can employ german workers. Nothing more or less. They need to make lots of cars to employ lots of workers. Thus, they hate Tesla and the dream of an efficient and environmentally friendly transportation network. We have probably 300% more cars than needed. To add trouble on trouble a teslas long term operating cost is a fraction of an ICE (how big a fraction depends on comparing to a Merc or a Honda). Those costs were more workers for germany and reducing that means even less workers for Germany. German car makers are among the most heavily subsidized in the world and built wonderfully engineered antiques. They are antiques and you get to witness the process of ICE dying off. Lucky you and us. Put the crack pipe down or the PR Troll keyboard down and find something useful and enjoy the ride.

You ever wonder why the Japanese don't get hungup like VW ? Because the Japanese are competing for marketshare not employment. Neither German nor Japanese car makers compete for profit but it is why Japanese made cars work so much better than a german car. They make cars the average person wants to own, low cost of ownership, predictable repairs, etc. My honda just got sold with 300k miles and hardly any repairs and I did the regular stuff myself like a battery, headlights, brake pads. A porsche with 300k miles would have had garage costs so great I could have bought another honda.
Your analogy is flawed again cause comparing Honda to Tesla is again comparing apples to oranges. Do you know what warranty comes with a Honda? 30k miles... Tesla’s warranties are the only reason you can try to argue that their cost of ownership is low. I had 3 of 5 batteries replaced. Under warranty of course, without a warranty does that sound like a company that has such low maintenance costs? Do you know the price of a new battery? How about having everyone one of my cars rear differential replaced. Meaning they replaced the rear motors on every single Tesla I’ve owned. Other common issues include; suspension, MCU, etc. Tesla gives the most outrageous warranties in the history of the auto industry. No one has ever given a 4 yr 50k mike warranty with an 8 yr unlimited mile warranty for their motors and batteries at no additional cost. These warranties only prove they make *sugar* cars that spend more time in the shop than any other car ever made.
The only reason buyers don’t complain more is cause it’s covered under the warranty. Which if you do some homework you will see Tesla has added all types of lingo in their new policies to basically not honor those warranties anymore. Why cause those warranties are costing them tons of money and they need to get out of them just like they are doing with FUSC.
Quality cars don’t need warranties cause they are made right not like *sugar*

Complete nonsense... and a lack of understanding of the business. :cool:
Haha please explain to me how market cap is calculated? You better know if you claim to understand business. Ever notice when Tesla’s stock drops Elon buys millions of shares? Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why? He’s not trying to make some quick gains and than sell the stock. His keeping the market cap up since actual investors that aren’t part of Tesla are dumping their stocks.
So yes you clearly never took any real business classes since you have no clue how market cap is calculated. Lmao

• Funny
Reactions: scaesare
Haha please explain to me how market cap is calculated? You better know if you claim to understand business. Ever notice when Tesla’s stock drops Elon buys millions of shares? Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why? He’s not trying to make some quick gains and than sell the stock. His keeping the market cap up since actual investors that aren’t part of Tesla are dumping their stocks.
So yes you clearly never took any real business classes since you have no clue how market cap is calculated. Lmao

Melvin, please stop embarrassing yourself on this forum... if you continue with this behavior you will be banned eventually. :cool:

What...ban melvin...I hardly knew him...funny guy but I hardly knew him.

The nice thing about market cap is that it incorporates all the known opinions and data on a company. It is why VW is a dog and GM is a dog and Ford is a dog. You don't have to worry about how much capital tesla needs or how many workers vw has to fire. That's in there. Despite all the profits of Porsche VW is a huge dog. The diesel scandal cost them, just look at all the impending anti-car rules in German cities. Unthinkable before that scandal. All that R&D budget over 10 years just written off. All the plant investments- all going to be written off. They'll lie and cheat to keep from doing that but..in the end it wont matter, they need to fire tens of thousands of germans.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Excellent comparison.
Lol thanks it’s about as accurate as it can get. Tesla knew this was a mistake even beforehand. That’s why they tried to underestimate the range of the first model 3’s that came out. I don’t think they realized just how much it really ruined their chances of lasting. But I know for a fact if they could go back and didn’t release the 3 until they had put the 2170 cells in the S and X I truly believe Tesla would be on top of the world in the auto industry. Once they did that the sales for the S and X plummeted and rightfully so. The 3 cools faster, charges faster, better range, and for all we know they still probably haven’t unlocked its full performance potential

What we have is an inexperienced Tesla fan boy that hasn’t owned one long enough to understand how their company works. But rest assured you will eventually. If you’re stupid enough to think self driving cars will even exist on autonomous 5 level within 5 yrs than there is no hope for you cause you’ll believe anything Elon says. Considering he has such a great history of telling the truth and releasing anything on time lol.
It is difficult to refrain from telling happy new owners how it really is with Tesla. I've seen people post on a FB Tesla group I am in about how happy they are they've just ordered a new S or X with the FSD option. I just let them be happy without spelling out that it'll probably never actually work as first touted (eg, car drives to pick you up from location x).

• Funny
Reactions: scaesare
It is difficult to refrain from telling happy new owners how it really is with Tesla. I've seen people post on a FB Tesla group I am in about how happy they are they've just ordered a new S or X with the FSD option. I just let them be happy without spelling out that it'll probably never actually work as first touted (eg, car drives to pick you up from location x).
It is so far away from coming out. Anyone who knows anything about regulations and insurances knows it’s still about 5 yrs before you have legit level 5 self driving cars. Which I don’t mind cuz I buy the performance models and really believe it shouldn’t be that important in those. If you’re buying for fsd go with the 3 or like a 75,85,90,100 lol. No need to do the performance and have it be a must.
Don’t get me wrong I appreciate having AP here and there but it’s not that important to me. Now if I owned a 3 and was trying to do Elon’s greatest sales pitch the robo taxis than yes.
But there is no way in hell I would make my P100DL a robo taxi. Neither would 99% of the owners that own them

I feel sorry for the people that are buying Tesla’s cause their customer service sucks so bad now. Once you purchase the car good luck getting any real help from them. The employees at the dealerships are all still friendly af... but the damn automated machines calling just to try to talk to a fing operator is unreal!